Adam Snellgrove

Interview Ynterview #15 - Prokop

Every week we'll bring you an Ynterview with a member of our Ylands team. In this week's Ynterview we talk to one of our designers/swashbuckling pirate captain, @Prokop Lagner!

Ynterview - Prokop.png

First off, what do you do here at the Ylands team and what’d you do before you joined?

I am a junior game designer, mostly helping Rudy with the editor. I used to study toxicology, but haven't finished that, instead I started to work in theatre as a stage technician. Then I joined Bohemia Interactive as a QA Tester for Arma III.

How long have you worked on Ylands? What was the 1st thing you worked on when you joined?       

About one and a half year, when I count also the half year as a QA Editor tester. The first thing I did, was falling in love with the Editor and the visual scripting, so I started to help with testing it and trying to get it to its limits.

What do you find most exciting on Ylands in general?

As I already mentioned – the Editor. Although I have never scripted or programmed anything besides some Excel Tables previously, I was totally captured by the simplicity and options of our visual scripting. However, the most exciting thing about it are our players and what they can create with these tools, because some creative minds of our community just know no boundaries.

And what is for you the most exciting feature coming in the near future?

The Custom Post Process Effects, which have been foreshadowed recently. I expect it will allow the creators to make even more insane (literally, just check those colours!) stuff. Just imagine all those magical worlds, alien atmospheres or just psychedelic madness that can appear on the Workshop, after which we will scream: “What have we done?! This does not even look like our game anymore!”

What are you working on right now?

World dominance with seals flippin' some laser beams... Wait what?

header-saving-seals.jpg

Some pre-set colour filters for the Post Processes like sepia for some western-like scenario or noir for some dark detective stories. However, my eye(s) are not as skilful as those of our graphic artists, so sometimes I seek their help.

What was the most difficult thing to implement to date?

Well some difficulties appear from time to time, but if I have to choose one, it would be, at least for me, the final polishing of minigames I've made. Sometimes I get carried away by playing with some new feature and forget to finish things already implemented in advance, so at the last moment I stay late and just polish things.

What do you do in your free time?

I am a member of a stage fighting group, so I do some fencing training etc., otherwise I also spend time writing, listening to psychedelic music or just playing games of all sort – boardgames, LARPs, videogames... Recently I completely fell in love with the awesome one and only Hunt: Showdown.

Who’s your favourite Disney princess and why? You can mention more if you can’t choose.

Well obviously, it is @Adam Snellgrove. The man, the myth, the legend, slightly gingered half breed princess, the hero we don't deserve but the one we need, whom I know since High School and who was my ally in many battle games in the past.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did someone say....psychedelic? You gotta share me your music playlists man?

tumblr_mg0ptof1ya1rksxmjo1_500.jpg.29fddba033a952ac20a4faec2f037aca.jpgThose post light effects will be really cool, especially to create artificial fog. I'm imagining now being able to have a haunted house with an eerie red fog everywhere...

Extra question: When are we going to see more pirate content in Ylands? Ive got the hunch you might have stuff already in production??

Edited by Igor Q.

7 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

Did someone say....psychedelic? You gotta share me your music playlists man?

That would be a long list, but for example the Madhouse Express, REZN and Wovenhand are some of my most favourite bands :)

Those post light effects will be really cool, especially to create artificial fog. I'm imagining now being able to have a haunted house with an eerie red fog everywhere...

You will see how they work. You can definitely do some spooky stuff with them and I will be looking forward to see what talented creators like you can make with the Custom Post Process Effects!

Extra question: When are we going to see more pirate content in Ylands? Ive got the hunch you might have stuff already in production??

Man... I dream that one day, we will have enough time to just spit out any asset we would like :D I am very much into getting more seafaring themed stuff, from pirates through conquistadors and natives to also vikings etc. However, we still have a lot of other things to do, not only creating new assets. So as far as I know, the new pirate asset pack is not the priority number 1 right now.