Isaiah53six

Can I play a locally created game I have made in editor?

If I make a sandbox game world in the editor, is there a way to play it without uploading to the workshop and sharing it?  I just want access to it as a SANDBOX game on my computer (and not multiplayer).  Possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated

37 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

If I make a sandbox game world in the editor, is there a way to play it without uploading to the workshop and sharing it?  I just want access to it as a SANDBOX game on my computer (and not multiplayer).  Possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, you have to tape /exportlocal or /localexport in chat, it will creat a save that you can play in "all games , local saves"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Salvador said:

Yes, you have to tape /exportlocal or /localexport in chat, it will creat a save that you can play in "all games , local saves"

I did try that but the game doesn't seem to be accessible in my version of Ylands.  Only the option to add a server or rent a server comes up.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  

Edited by Isaiah53six

I found a workaround.  I can start a game in sandbox and import it into editor but with limited functions (game logic etc).  

You have to do the /exportlocal  then go to your local games and create a new game.  Then you can play it.  You can also make it multiplayer and invite friends and play locally.

• Upvote 1

Make a sandbox inside editor, when you are done with the scenario and are ready to play, (don't forget to save) hit enter then type /exportlocal.

Then go to all games, use the tabs to sort for your local games, then click on the game you want.  It will open and you can create a game from the scenario. After you have played it, and you want to get back in to play at a later date, you will find it in recent games.

Edited by bojo2736
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Make a sandbox inside editor, when you are done with the scenario and are ready to play, (don't forget to save) hit enter then type /exportlocal.

Then go to all games, use the tabs to sort for your local games, then click on the game you want.  It will open and you can create a game from the scenario. After you have played it, and you want to get back in to play at a later date, you will find it in recent games.

You are awesome.  I finally got it to work, after I restarted Ylands it was showing up.  Thank you!  

21 hours ago, Bob Salvador said:

Restarted Ylands I got my games to show up. Thank you for your help. 

• Haha 2