Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #8

Hi there, fellow ylanders!

This week I’m going to tell you something about what we have in store for the 0.17 update, called Enjoyable Editor.

Since we released the first version (and the following update that added new features) we’ve been using it to create scenarios that you can now play, as well as listening to others who have been working with it. Based on that feedback we are going to release the third update centered around the Editor. Things that annoyed users will be changed and some of the requested features will be added - all this should result in the Editor being more polished and more enjoyable to work with.

Also another interesting thing has happened - for some time now we have been working on the new tutorial yland. We used the new scenario to test some of the cool Editor features and put in a lot of things that players can discover and interact with. However, to be honest, we got so excited with all the possibilities and with what had been growing under our hands that we got carried away and our yland grew beyond the size and complexity usable for a rather simple tutorial. We created the most complex scenario by far, which actually became more of an adventure game (which is cool, though, because it shows what players can create in Ylands even at this still rather early moment).

Ylands_160901_103053.png

We decided to turn this yland into a new non-tutorial scenario called Yland 17. We will polish it some more and also add some features that will become available to you, the players, in 0.17, with which we will release it. Not only you will get to play a new “game” that will let you discover the dark secrets of the Evil Genius - but you will be able to open this in the Editor and see how exactly that scenario works, so that you can do something similar ( or better! :) ). 

Ylands_160901_101026.png

There will definitely be a brand new tutorial yland at some point - in the meantime we decided to go over the existing one and improve it.

Looking forward to talking to you in the next Sneak Peek. You stay classy, ylanders!

• Upvote 1

That looks really cool! I am now at high school so I do not know how much time I will be able to play, but I will definetely spare some to play this upcoming "game" and I will try to find all hidden things on Yland 17. :D And when you are talking about 0.17 already, can I ask when "Wicked Woodsman" is planned to come out? :) 

Edited by Michal Mynář
  • Downvote 1