i kan

Disappearing objects and loss of controls

Question

I am playing a single player version of Exploration and two Sandbox in version 1.3.5.93464 on whatever server Steam chooses for my current session of game play. Within the past week I have noticed several anomalies.

1. Resources/ mining debris disappearing after a period of time. For example, a tree cut down then left in pieces overnight will not be there in the morning or the dirt and rock debris left behind after mining will not be there after a period of time as if the game is automatically cleaning up extraneous objects. Unfortunately, those objects are useful resources left behind intentionally for future use.

2. Objects disappearing during an exchange between personal inventory and either a workstation or cabinet

3. Workstations that will not release controls causing other tasks to not function. For example, not being able to pick up a log after operating a kiln because the kiln still wants to be fed.

4. Not being able to plant seeds for up to 15 seconds after using the ax. The "place" dialog greys the entire display locking all controls.

5. Loss of camera control and object placement as if the mouse is not being recognized as a game controller.

I opened a ticket on 8/21/2020 (#209438) with a request for links or files to reinstall game files based on my assumption that one or more files have been corrupted. If that is the fix, I will simply reinstall the game however I am no longer convinced that simply reinstalling is the answer. I installed Ylands on July 13 of this year and have been playing daily since with a total of 396 hours of game play. The described issues above began sometime around the 300-hour mark(?) and have increased in frequency and duration until now. Issue 1 above became painfully obvious this afternoon (hour mark 395). I was able to reproduce the object loss experienced in Exploration in a sandbox several times and have included two sets of screen shots showing before and after with times included in the file name, unfortunately my machine is not capable of capturing video. I sped up time in the sandbox by sleeping overnight but the loss in Exploration is occurring over a longer period of time as I have no need to sleep on the island I am building on and work around the clock ignoring the day/night cycle.

Please advise me of what the issues are or may be and how they may be halted or at least mitigated as much of the "debris” I am creating by the extensive mining is intended to become construction material and the loss of this material is at best inconvenient.

DxDiag_082220_1517EDT.txt

sandbox_082120_35416EDT.jpg

sandbox_082120_35518EDT.jpg

sandbox_after sleeping_082120_1540EDT.jpg

sandbox_before sleeping_082120_1540_EDT.jpg

LogArchive.zip

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm afraid issue #1 is intentional, so the world isn't cluttered with left behind resources, so they don't clog up the game. I think they are set to disappear in 5-10 minutes.

I will log in the other issues and we'll try to find a fix for them. Thank you for reporting them.

I was afraid that would be your answer. Seems I will need to change my mining tactics and clean up more frequently. I have noticed that any resource I have touched or gathered and replaced remains where placed.

• Like 1