Deadeye_Rob

Multiplayer- Vanishing/Disappearing Objects

Question

Hey guys!

I’m not sure if this bug has been reported in the past (some posts have suggested that it may have). Regardless, I’ve noticed this bug for years whilst playing online, particularly within larger servers.

In a typical scenario, I’ll be digging, cutting trees, or simply dropping/placing something down out of my inventory. When released, the item does not appear at all. It’s not even detectable from the inventory-vicinity box.

Theres a couple of Quick-Fixes I’ve worked out.

The first is to log on/off from the server. Previously dropped items will materialise but this will not prevent the bug from persisting.

The second is only for when you want to free-place objects. The trick is to have a stack of items. When free placing individual items from the stack, they will all materialise as normal with the exception of the last item.

This has caused major headaches with log farming and mining in general. Trees only drop on average 1/16th visible logs and mining requires a full relog to acquire all the ‘invisible’ ores.

I’m sure I’m not the only one to have had this issue. After experiencing this bug for so long I come to nickname it ‘The Server Killer’ as it usually signifies the death knell of my interest to persist on that particular world.

I experienced it on the P1 Adventure map just this morning.

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Update,

So I think I’m on to something with this bug.

The item that disappears when dropped manifests itself in a different location. When attempting to pick up the displaced object an error will appear as “Object Too Far”.

Devs or anyone else experienced this issue whilst online? 

Could you please send us the output_logs and output_logs_clean when this happens to you again? That it dissapears? You can find output_logs here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data