JohnMFSteel

{Experimental Branch} Feedback/Suggestions Terrain&Mummy

Question

So first am drooling over the Terrain volume tool.
Adding donut shape to the tool would make creating crescent shaped Ylands easier/faster

Second The new mummy is sleek
I think it might look a bit nicer if the eye slit was slightly narrower.
(kinda back and forth on this it would be nice to have both. The big slit is nice for friendly mummies, but it's a little wide for darker vibes. The way I look at mummies getting reanimated is a curse, dark energies or something like that.  If it were something divine they wouldn't come back in an incomplete state. That said, breaking a curse doesn't mean the spirit is ready to move on, maybe it's somebody who wasn't ready to die. So then you get a good mummy hanging around till they are ready to move on. My logic with that is, if you get cursed you deserve reparations. )
A  version of the mummy that looks like it was brought back by some sort of fungus would be super cool.

Edit for additional thoughts:

It might be nice if in the editor their was a sort of low LoD underlay extending further than the normal view distance to help keep perspective of scale.

Edited by JohnMFSteel

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Super, thank you for the Feedback, appreciate it ? Maybe we can do a "eviler" mummy in the future ? I'll ask about the donut and LoD but that would probably still be something for a later update.

• Like 1

Also in 1.5 you'll be able to make a multitude of terrain shapes using the path system ? So try that out once the Update drops ? 

Donut Terrain.gif

• Like 3

lol it's funny, I've been making all kinds of crazy tunnels with the tool. Yet my brain never went hey connect the ends ?‍♂️

• Like 1