handofthesly

1.5 Experimental Exploration conflicting save?

Question

I started playing the new 1.5 experimental exploration on Steam for a few hours yesterday and now when I try hop back on it makes me start a new game when I click on the button for exploration (experimental).
I can actually see my save in the recently played games section but when I click on it I still get prompted to start a new exploration save. The save file is in the Steam > SaveGames folder on my PC too. I didn't use this Delete Progress feature at all.

So I follow the prompts anyway and when it loads the new game I have my original character and inventory back but with what appears to be a newly generated map. It has spat me out at sea in a random location on the raft I had been using prior to exiting the session yesterday. I also have acquired the "I am not ready yet" bug and cannot eat and strangely can't reload my corn rifle.

I quit this session and exit the game. I relaunch Ylands and now when I click on exploration it instantly loads up this newly generated map with my old character in it. Even when I click on my old original save, it still launches this new save.

I'm not sure how to upload the save files if that would help at all?

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Could you please send us the whole LogArchive file (zipped)? You can find it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data\LogArchive

Here ya go. There are three files in this folder. Two are from the first session, on the 15th, and the third is from the second session when I encountered this problem, on the 16th. (I'm in NZ so the time zone is GMT +13 if that clears up any confusion with dates/times).

Let me know if there is anything else you need! I don't have the best internet connection so I'm not sure if that could have had anything to do with it not syncing properly when I exited the game?

LogArchive.zip

TLDR:
* First game wouldn't load, forced to create 2nd game.
* 2nd game loads with 1st character + inventory but spawns on bamboo raft out at sea in new map.
* Deleting 2nd save file in Steam folders stops you from creating a new game until you use the Delete World Progress in settings.
* 1st game could be opened through Recently Played Games menu only.
* But after using Delete World Progress option causes 1st game to respawn you out at sea on the bamboo raft again.

I did a bit of messing around and somehow got my original save game back! (kind of)

I deleted the 2nd save file from the SaveGames folder. When I started Ylands and clicked Exploration, it still showed the 2nd save/map name but a popup appeared saying that my last session is no longer reachable and a trash can/rubbish bin icon was now next to the name. I can't start the game (no surprise).
So I click that trash icon and then attempt to launch the original save from the Recently Played Games menu. But it does the same thing with the popup message except now there is no save games on the Region Map screen and I can't click on any of the ? tiles to start a new game.
I then delete the original save game from the SaveGames folder and relaunch Ylands and it does the same thing with the message and not being able to click on any ? tiles.
There is no name or trash can icon to click so this time I use the Delete Exploration Progress feature, quit Ylands, add the original save back into the SaveGames folder and relaunch Ylands. 
Now when I click either on Exploration or the save in the Recently Played Games menu it does the same thing as what happened to me originally when I posted this bug. It welcomes me to the new experimental exploration and tells me to start a new game after which I have my original character and inventory sitting on my bamboo raft floating out in the middle of the sea with the "I am not ready yet" eating bug.

Something interesting happened after this.
I added the original save file and the 2nd save back into the SaveGames folder and relaunched steam.
This time when I click on Exploration, it launches the 3rd save like it should. I exit out to the Main menu and open all Recently Played Games menu.
I select the 2nd save and it loads it but I am now a fresh spawn on a different island, so I had lost my character progress and it spawned me fresh instead of on my bamboo raft like it had the previous time. I exit back to the Recently Played Games menu.
So I cross my fingers and select the original save and it loads! I have my original character and inventory but I am on my bamboo raft out in the middle of the sea with the "I'm not ready yet" bug. I raft all the way back to my spawn island and it is just as I had left it that first session, my smelting furnaces are still blazing away at some iron ore just as they were when I logged out that night. The only weird thing is that my raft is still there from that night, even though I just arrived on it, so there are now 2 rafts. So bizarre!
Unfortunately, when I exit and then try to go back into it I get spat back out on my raft out at sea so I paddled all the way back to my spawn island again and waited until I died from starvation since I couldn't eat.
I respawn successfully next to my base but still have the "I'm not ready yet" bug. I leave the game and reload the save and this time I am still on the island and not on my raft in the middle of the sea! But I still have the eating bug.
I exit out and Delete Exploration Progress in settings and then I delete the 2nd and 3rd save files and try launch the original again but it spat me back out in the sea again. At this point I got hungry in real life and decided that I had spent enough time messing around.

After all of that, I think if I play the original save but then delete the exploration progress it teleports me back onto my raft in a random location. If I don't delete the progress then I am where I should be but I can only access the game through the Recently Played menu.
Either way I think the bamboo raft may have something to do with it maybe?

Edited by handofthesly
  • Like 1

So trying to start from scratch didn't work, I couldn't successfully start a new  game without it starting me on the raft in the sea, even after deleting world progress. I had to delete the character progress to be able to start a new save properly.
This must mean the bug was tied to my character and/or raft somehow?

I have a problem that looks like yours. I started a game with a friend but he is not connected today and therefore I cannot connect to his game, so I want to create my game but I am stuck on the general map with the message "the part is not available ", and I cannot create my own, so I cannot play.