katolikparanoik

The last review

Greetings!
This is probably my last review this year.
I would like to talk about the prospects for the game Ylands and the update 1.5 
I'll start with update 1.5 
The good points of this update: 
1) research has moved to the next level - it's good 
2) Optimization of the new update pleases that and games in general, but there are questions with multiplayer servers 
3) New functions on the brand of the ship and its call are also good 
And now for the bad: 
1. The game becomes boring after 1-2 days of playing (I say this as an ardent fan of this game, let alone newcomers) 
2. Constantly repeating islands with the same locations every time frustrates (add variety) 3.Do you have a propeller bag? Then the NPC is just a useless decoration! And now about the game's perspective: If the developers continue to go in the same narrow direction of a small indie survival game, then online it will be 50 - 100 people a day. which will affect the company's income and motivation. I do not know if the developers understand what potential inundefined of this game and that this is not only an indie survival game, but a perspective on a platform for creating other games based on the world of Ylands, which confirms the emergence of 2D projects that arise from time to time from players In Ylands it is possible to make any game at the existing levels of the world development: GTA, CSGO, Sandbox Survival, Amusement Park and so on. 
Now I answer the question which logically pops up after the sentence read above: ,, - This requires a lot of resources, both financial and time, you understand that ,,
Answer: 
- Yes, so below I will describe what can be done to minimize these costs and make the game truly majestic in every sense: 
1. Drawings wherever possible (editor, creative mode, research, the ability to trade them, etc.) - to do this does not need a lot of resources, since this is already in the game. (and yes, I understand that blueprints are sold in the store, but these restrictions only scare players away from the game) 
1.1. Also allow with camera for drawings undefined shoot them anywhere and not just within the boundaries of the protective generator. 
2.Workshop on Steam - you can't even imagine how important it is, there are not a few dozen people on Youtube who dedicated their youtube channel only to reviewing projects with the Workshop, given that the game has not been on the market for the first year, with such a ban you have overwhelmed creative communication between players ( yes, I know that there is a workshop on the official Ylands website - but this is not that, on Steam it is conveniently done and most people buy games there) 
3.Allow players to add characters, textures and objects to the game through modifications or the same Workshop. And the best way to do this is through a converter (I recently saw something like this in Minecraft, you can load a 3D model of an object, a building and it is converted into the Minecraft world in a view of blocks - this simply expands the boundaries for different audiences by 1000 times. If this option does not work, you can simply put conditions on the modifiers that you can add new items and the character only needs them undefined match Yland's game style both externally and mechanically. - And where are the guarantees that this will be exactly the case? You ask. You don't need to be a super brain, you just need to analyze past experience Minecraft, Cs 1.6, GTA - these games have revolutionized the freedom to add anything and modify, and you have the same chance. If you accept the proposals from point 1 to point 3, all you need to do is optimize and add new functions. 
4.Change the creation of ships and machines and in the future flyers and submarines. Yes, I understand who I am so that I talk about changing creation. But I have an ironclad argument! These are the limitations that constrain the creative nature of the player. He will not be able to build the famous Titanic or a bus, a truck of any size that he wants (and yes, of course, I understand that some restrictions are needed for optimization) And so to sum up. When you do or try to add and resolve what I suggested above, the following will happen: Player undefined the market offers two games for example ARK and Ylands And so he thinks to play Ark where everything is limited to one world or in Ylands where you can load the same objects and characters and + to this a completely customizable open world. I think the answer is obvious! And in the end, I will tell you you need to answer your question, we are doing a small indie project for a limited number of people or a project that will be discussed in every school and every city. I know someone can say, “What do you know about creating games, but what do you know about development? And yes, he will be right practically nothing. But I am very sad to see how a child with outstanding abilities, instead of going to conquer the world, plays with cars in his yard.

Thank you with respect, your ardent admirer Andrey from Ukraine undefined

Thank you very much for the feedback ?

On 12/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, katolikparanoik said:

add variety

We will be adding variety to the Islands in future updates.

Workshop on Steam

This is something we're looking into long term, but there are quite a few problems with it. We are trying to overcome these. 

restrictions are needed for optimization

Unfortunately, you are right here that the restrictions are mainly because of optimization :( 

• Like 1