Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #15

The weather looks really great. Splashing all over the place and really gives the feel of being in a rain storm...

• Downvote 1

Really had a great time at the Bohemia booth and shook hands with almost everyone.

The new weather is really looking great, it will give a new perspective to the game :) 

About the cars 1 word: AMAZING, you can create a car in any way you want and the basic scenario that they had running shows a few models.

Event though the ARMA3 team was taking most of my time i did grab a good chance to play the new scenario and took some pictures (and 1 of the rain), unfortunately the sounds from the BI booth neighbors was so loud i could not really hear the ingame sound effects sound but in a few days we will be having driving around our Ylands :)

Once again: was really great meeting a lot of guys and girls from the Ylands team and once again thank you for the goodie bags :) my son will also love his goodie bag.

Who knows maybe till next year on gamescom or wenn i get a chance to travel in your direction and drop by all the office's in and around Prague, as that kinda was a wise hint of the A3 team to really drop by some time :)

20170826_185415.jpg

20170826_190158.jpg

20170826_185138.jpg

20170826_185200.jpg

20170826_185218.jpg

20170826_185230.jpg

20170826_185259.jpg

20170826_185342.jpg

20170826_185352.jpg

20170826_185405.jpg

Edited by A3_Melle
  • Upvote 2

Thank you guys for all the previews, it certainly looks like you were well taken care of!

I can't wait for the updates, been hankering to get back in to Ylands!

• Upvote 2

Hey guys!

With Gamescom behind us, the team is heading back home right now. I believe they've done a truly great job there (presenting the game 10 or 11 hours straight for several days both preceded and followed by a 10-hour drive home is no easy task ) and they will be getting a little bit of rest tomorrow after which we will try to get the update out as soon as possible (meaning that unless something very unexpected happens we'd like to release it later next week). Also tomorrow I hope to find a bit of time to write and post at least a short Dev Diary - GC2017 post-mortem, go over forum thoroughly and answer any questions I find.

Right now I can already say that it was even better than we anticipated, players were just amazing (thanks again to those of you who came to visit us :) ) and once again we got a ton of feedback (actually the cars we were showing in the second part of the convention had been already tweaked based on the feedback received during the first day or two of Gamescom).

Have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

• Upvote 2

Hi @Aleš Ulm, it really was a busy few days for all teams, the kept in walking, answering questions and so on!  And the funny part was that I have seen kids (6+) playing Ylands and the dad went to play A3 or Dayz ? but also how many people were excited about the game, some kids have played it several times, and even saw a girl who told to here boyfriend to go walk around in the hall as she wanted to keep playing on the Ylands PC ?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Hey guys!

With Gamescom behind us, the team is heading back home right now. I believe they've done a truly great job there (presenting the game 10 or 11 hours straight for several days both preceded and followed by a 10-hour drive home is no easy task ) and they will be getting a little bit of rest tomorrow after which we will try to get the update out as soon as possible (meaning that unless something very unexpected happens we'd like to release it later next week). Also tomorrow I hope to find a bit of time to write and post at least a short Dev Diary - GC2017 post-mortem, go over forum thoroughly and answer any questions I find.

Right now I can already say that it was even better than we anticipated, players were just amazing (thanks again to those of you who came to visit us :) ) and once again we got a ton of feedback (actually the cars we were showing in the second part of the convention had been already tweaked based on the feedback received during the first day or two of Gamescom).

Have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

I'm surprised to hear you guys went back every day, did you guys do shifts/had a roster or did the same people go back every day? Again I really hope you guys enjoyed it! One more bit of feedback for cars: when jumping the obstacles around the fun fair the wheels looked a little bit jittery/jumpy, I think giving the cars a little higher unsprung weight will cancel this out. Maybe you guys already fixed this in the later revision though :) 

Adrie

Yes, we actually had a lot of players returning to our booth which felt really good :)

With exception of leaving for a quick lunch or having a short break our guys have been there the whole time - all of them, every day since the early morning till the late evening (plus the extra day when we were setting everything up). It was quite tiresome but totally worth it :). Thanks for the car feedback, we'll see what can be done about it 

• Upvote 2

And here are 2 pictures of my sons goodie bag :)

He is really happy with the goodies! 

20170827_130127.jpg

20170827_130441.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Aleš Ulm he is 1 of the youngest fans of Ylands and this just shows it is a game for the young and old, good to hear it does give so much joy for you, and of course the rest of the team, this is why you and the tream are working hard so players will enjoy it and get this smile on their face.

Shirt is still a bit to big but he will grow in it verry fast, and from time to time he will be playing Ylands with his cap and shirt on even if it is a little bit to big for him;)

Edited by A3_Melle
  • Upvote 1

:) Yes, the next time we need to come better prepared with enough goodies even for the younger kids (fun fact: we sort of expected the German authorities to give us 12+ rating which would prevent the younger kids from even entering our booth - in the end though, we were pleasantly surprised we got 6+).

• Upvote 1