Miguel Preguisa

Hunger Games: The 77th Arena

Hi to all of you!

I hope that everybody who was present at Gamescom enjoyed it! I didn't have the luck so instead, I was further working on my project aimed to a multiplayer fun. And what else can be so intense and fun than a match of Hunger Games (at least for the viewers)? I said on a Discord that I want to have it done by the end of August. So here it is ready for some testing. :D

The game is designed for 2-9 players. I was thinking about doing the "launch rooms" with elevator slowly showing you the arena as you rise up from the ground but there were too many complications associated with it so maybe next time. ;) You will spawn on a quite small pedestal and as soon as the Player No1 (always needed for the game to even start!) activate the switch, a countdown for the start of the match will start. The Cornucopia is stuffed with many useful things such as tools, weapons, food, bandages and even some potions. I also modified the island a little bit in the Editor. More trees, many dangerous animals and no easy food for you. Remember, its called Hunger Games. :P

I couldn't come up with an easy way how to add the "Sponsors" to the game so I have one question too. Should I make some interactive, not even mini as micro-games to compensate for the lack of the Sponsors gifts? Or leave it pure HG gameplay without any interventions but without useful sponsors help? I meant that the players would be hinted to do some action to get some item. For example, a tree with a sign "cut me down" where would some tool appear when he does it. What do you think about this?

And as I have written, its ready for some testing. I could easily forget about something or maybe even add something that should be there. Too powerful weapon, waaay too many bears and so on.xD  And I want to share in the workshop already finished game for everybody who isn't browsing this forum reguraly. So this is kind of a "pre-release". I would be really grateful for any feedback! The world file: Dropbox Download (I really hope it's the right world, I have a lot of files there xD). Any question or feedback will be answered below in the comment section.

PS: I have a time on whole Tuesday and Wednesday, so if anybody wanted to try it out with me send me PM or comment on this thread. ;) 

2017-08-28 (1).png

2017-08-28 (2).png

2017-08-28 (3).png

2017-08-28 (5).png

2017-08-28 (6).png

2017-08-28.png

• Upvote 2

This is really just a pre-release. I can change anything before adding it to the workshop so feel free to tell me anything! If you see something bad even in the screenshots right away I will be more than glad to fix it. :) 

Nice work, Michal! Also, you can update your Workshop creations at any time, so you can upload it now and if you change something in it later, simply update it. :)

• Upvote 2

Good to know! I already got some ideas how to improve but not the time needed. :DI hope the school will start slow so I can play in the Editor :)

Very cool. However, please make sure not to use someone else copyrighted material or trademarks and I would say maybe you should choose a different name than Hunger Games for it from this perspective? Maybe The Hungry Games, which is a bit silly but fits Ylands really well for exactly the same reason :)

2 hours ago, Myrik Greene said:

Very cool. However, please make sure not to use someone else copyrighted material or trademarks and I would say maybe you should choose a different name than Hunger Games for it from this perspective? Maybe The Hungry Games, which is a bit silly but fits Ylands really well for exactly the same reason :)

It should have crossed my mind. :) I will find some nice name for it! Even reading "Hungry Games" made me hungry... If you excuse me, I'm going to get some dinner :D

• Upvote 1