SpartanLGND95

Editor created structures in Exploration?

I just joined a multiplayer world in exploration and noticed that the structures in this world were clearly constructed in the editor. Perfectly symmetrical, perfect curves, ext. I am curious if there is a way to create builds in editor and bring them to exploration or is there a better editing method in exploration to achieve these perfect curves ie. copy sections and paste?  

Currently the only way to do this is to create a composition in editor, import it into a legacy map, then blueprint the composition using a blueprint camera there. Once it has been blueprinted you can use it in regular exploration maps. There are currently several blocks and entities that cannot be included in blueprints. The wiki has a list of allowed blocks. It's quite a few steps but once you do it a few times it becomes easier. The devs are working on improving the blueprint system. Hopefully soon we shall be able to blueprint compositions directly from editor, and blueprints will allow many more types of entities. We may see some of those improvements in 1.8 update, but for now we have to be patient. If you get stuck on any steps or have questions, feel free to message me here or in game. My game username is Spiritchaser28

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2