Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #201 Update 1.8: Awesome Achievements + Dev Stream!

Hey there, Ylanders!

Update 1.8: Awesome Achievements is out now! What do you think so far? 

In today's dev diary, we would like to show you what happens when you ask a person, who loves their job and project, to write you a short quote for the dev diary. ?

All jokes aside, our Project Lead, Aleš Ulm, wanted to tell you "a bit" about the direction of Ylands in the past, in the present and a tiny bit about the future. 

"There's a page at our internal documentation system. It's called Awesome & Crazy. I created that page at 10:07am on 16th February 2015.

That page contains all the awesome and crazy ideas that we wanted our game to have. The list is long ranging from things that we've already implemented to such that we had (and still have) no idea how to implement. For me personally this page IS Ylands. It's about exploring and having fun. Unfortunately, at a certain point these things changed. Not only wasn't Ylands fun to play anymore, it wasn't that much fun to make.

When I've returned to the Project Lead position I set us in a direction to fix that. Now, about a year later, I think we've found again our passion for making Ylands and are having fun again. And we hope that it will be fun for you to play.

Judging from the new players that are slowly coming back to Ylands some of you already noticed and I would like to thank you for that. This feedback is incredibly important to us. If you like the direction we've taken during the past year, please let us know. Rate us on Steam to make other players see we're back and worth giving a try, it's immensely important to us and shows us that what we're now building makes sense. That thumb up (which you can always change, if we fail you), telling your friend that devs at Ylands have come back to their senses, that's the fuel we're now running on.

As someone who was there when the Ylands was born and is now in the control of project, I will make sure we will all get the game we've dreamed. And if still not convinced? Well, come back to check 1.9, which, with all its focus on sailing, diving and exploring, will surely make you see that Ylands is back."

There has been a lot of information about 1.8 today, which is why we will remind you of this again, but, much like Marvelous Mysteries did, Awesome Achievements will also have a special dev stream, where we will introduce some of the new stuff that 1.8 brought to the world of Ylands. Mark your calendars and see you on Tuesday, November 16 at 4pm CET

YLANDS - Update 1-8 - LIveStreamEvent_Invite 1920x1080 copy.png

Have a wonderful time playing Awesome Achievements and...

Stay Classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 4