Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Ideas on a Sky Update

Question

It's been a few years since air vehicles have been hinted at by the developers, and it's got me pondering on the possibilities that follow it.

[The Sky]

The Sky would provide the player with a clean and almost hazardless area to travel through. The only plausible danger I could think of would be the extreme winds. These extreme winds would constantly throw your craft around, Risking the player getting totally ejected from the craft, and shoving the craft off course.

[Sky Biome]

I understand that it's a bit overused and cliche to have Sky Islands in a work of fiction or game, but I'd imagine it could work quite well in a game like Ylands. Sky Islands could vary in size and altitude, and could each be loaded with tons of valuable resources. How they stay aloft, I don't know. Perhaps they're held up by some sort of magic or technology. The Sky Biome could have flocks of birds flying around just to add to the immersion a little. The Sky Biome could also offer a great opportunity to add some lost Lore, or even a new race of bird people.

[Aircraft]

Aircraft can be either a no-brainer or a big-brainer to come up with sometimes. I was thinking that for the basics, why not add something like the hot-air balloon that's flashed in the home screen so much. We see it everytime we boot up the game, but wonder why we still don't have it yet, so why not? Another Aircraft would obviously be the plane. I remember from one of the Ylands Q/As the mentioning of a legit airship with a big ol balloon keeping it in the air, so that would be more than acceptable.

[Other Features]

I don't currently have any major ideas for this category. All I can think of is to just add new and unique Sky-Related items, resources, tools, and creatures.

Though I was practically making this up as I went, I still think I gave a few greate ideas for a possible major sky update later down the line. I do understand if anything like this is too big of a challenge for DEV TEAM, but just incase, I was happy to have shared some of my ideas and visions of it.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
  • Like 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I know for a fact that Ales had mentioned adding flying vehicles to the game, but he also mentioned before they introduce flying vehicles they would like to incorporate some dangers to flying in the sky. The reason they nerfed the propeller pack was it made the game far too easy to fly around and not face any real threats. Maybe we will get dragons or pterodactyls or some other flying menace. Whatever they decide, I am looking forward to seeing it. The last update certainly introduced a ton of danger to being in the ocean, and it was well worth the wait. The oceans are now full of life and dangerous mysteries. I'm certain the skies will be part of a future update. It's all about balancing out the game now.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1