Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Ship Stuff

Question

Unless you're a Try-Hard, one ship is pretty much all you've got, so let's try our best to make the best of our ship.

(1 : Ship Upgrades)

The first thing I've thought of while running this idea was the ability to apply direct upgrades to your ship. I would like to see a mechanic where you're able to access your ship's upgrade menu through a terminal attached to the ship, through the radial menu, or through some sort of hand-held tool that you use on the ship. The menu would, of course, allow you to apply various modifications to your ship, such as increased max speed/hull integrity/turning capability. If this IS ever implemented into the game for some reason, I do recommend, and expect it to be rather late-game.

(2 : Cannon Ammunition Types)

In the open oceans of Ylands, especially in public lobbies, you'll most likely encounter some hostile players wanting to throw shells. My Idea to improve Naval Combat in Ylands, and introduce a little more strategy, is to add new Ammo Types for Cannons. Regular/Rusty Cannonballs are the basic Ammunition Type, doing balanced damage to both players and hulls. Cannon Shells would be for dealing a set amount of damage to a ship's hull, while being able to somewhat damage players as well. Armor Piercing Shells would deal a scalable amount of damage to a ship's hull, depending on its maximum Armor/Integrity. Explosive Cannon Shells would do minor amounts of damage to ship hulls, but have a greater effect against players and other entities. Grapeshot would be a close-range based Ammunition Type, but would have devastating effects against both players and ship hulls.

(3 : Small Steam Ship)

Some people love the steam ship because it's a tank, but some people dislike the fact that it's not as maneuverable as some of the other ships available. I'd recommend exploring the median, the Small Steam Ship Hull. It'd be a equal balance between being the tank that the regular Steam Ship Hull is, and the maneuverability of the smaller ship hulls

(4 : Animated Steam Ship Hull Propellers)

I know this is more of a rant than a suggestion, but please animate the propellers on the steam ship. It's so annoying to run my ship in steam mode, and see that the propellers don't turn.

(5 : Ramming)

Back on the Naval Combat subject, I suggest making ramming with your ship more of a thing. Perhaps ramming head-on into an opponent could be a tactical maneuver in Naval Combat, for it would do plenty more damage than a Cannon-Shot could ever do.

This is pretty much all I could think to suggest at this moment. I will surely return with more to say soon.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion