Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Energy Linking in the editor

New game, I downloaded every car I could find and made roads to drive on, so I have 60 cars,  the game is called Hotrod City.

How do I link headlight to engine in the editor so that when the game begins and I start the car, the lights come on.

On Game Start: Link Energy: Entity A (front car mask) Entity B (steam engine) I just get errors, with or without using ports. The errors make no sense to me. I tried, but I don't get it. Thanks!

Analysys: 

the start of the game is not a suitable event to call the script for entities, because entities are loaded last

another thing, if you really want to do it with scripts, what about energy and pairing, ports are necessary.

bug reports are also very useful, so it would be great if you learned how to take screenshots, and in case of other problems, take pictures of the errors. that way we can help you more.

recommendation: connect the power manually, using the power connection tool in the editor. 

• Like 1

power connection tool hmm... thanks

If you download car compositions which others have made, some headlights will just work. Some cars , you must connect the headlights yourself in game with an energy linker. What is the difference between the cars? I took them apart, I found no scripts at all. Why do the lights work on only some cars? How can I make a car with working lights? It's a blueprint?