Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

ISP crash warning! Swim for your life!

There were storms  in Eastern Australia.  today, and  my ISP connection dropped out  while  i was in Ylands,  and on my ship exploring. It happened when i had released  the controls and was consulting  my map. When i  logged back in...i found  my avatar in the ocean with the map in hand, and  my ship sailing off into the distance!

I Tried  swimming after it  only to see it outpace me and disappear ....  while  my health  deteriorated... 

I was about to give  up and  start a new game, when i saw the ship reappear ...and it  had stopped.. i continued swimming,and  despite  down to 2 hearts, i managed to catch up ... i was lucky!  my ship had run into a  Yland and beached itself:D

For  once, there were no  sharks around and i  recovered my ship, and after a  feed and   warming up,  managed to reverse off the beach and  continue  my  exploration.

So if you release controls  whilst the  ship is under  full power, and  your isp connection  drops out, you might  end up  training  for the 2020 Olympic swimming  team!

Also if you decide to  quit the  game  for a "break", lower  the sails and  drop anchor  as a precaution.

Hope this  information is helpful.

• Upvote 1