Oliver Hope

custom tools wont run and persistent preview objects

I think what caused this was mistakenly placing a show progress screen under the on update event. 

image.png.e893696a6ba63d6dff48584797bea41a.png

when I ran the script no progress screen was shown, all my previews were spawned but when I pressed escape they didn't get removed. I couldn't select them either. This was fixed by reloading the scenario. however when trying to get a progress screen to show in a test tool. With simple code:

On tool start
start tool mode
show progress screen

This wasn't working ( tool mode screen would show if I didn't try show progress screen however) then non of my tools would even start.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Tools 0.2.0.zip

Hi there, our devs are trying their best to help. Could you please also attach the tool file? It can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\298610\remote\Tools

Hi @anna_svecova

The tools are in the' tools 0.2.0.zip' file ^^^. The error seemed to occur first in the smooth path tools as described and then I was testing in 'tool experiments' to try get a progress screen to display

On 1/14/2023 at 6:17 PM, Oliver Hope said:

Hi @anna_svecova

The tools are in the' tools 0.2.0.zip' file ^^^. The error seemed to occur first in the smooth path tools as described and then I was testing in 'tool experiments' to try get a progress screen to display

Hi, So sorry I must have missed the file somehow :D

• Upvote 1