Rupert Wang

2017 - 2023

For now I suggest this game to singleplayers, not for multipleplayers.

Graphic : 9/10 (It is much better than before, especially the water and the weathers)

Music: 9/10 (i really love the theme music, wish there is more for other places)

UI: 10/10 (the new quick wheel with ship & animals summoning is perfect)

Crafting: 9/10
(auto align, alternate placing are better than other crating games / but we cant play with water anymore,, )

Combat: 7/10 (its simple and clean, nothing fancy but the monsters' movement still kinda stuttering)

Multiple Player Experience: 5/10
It is kinda confusing now, compares to 2017 or other survival multiplayer games.
It is surprising that people can go to other people's islands and rob them. The password for the server seems unable to prevent from others joining for now. Which I got robbed and 4 days of works are gone. The Dev did reply to my friend and say they can help us to get the stuff back.. not yet though 

Gathering Resources: 
7/10 on the surface
For new players its a bit difficult to find ores now. Maybe the indicator of the caves could be more easy and clear on the compass.

6/10 under the ocean
Lots of new materials are under the ocean. Diving is cool but it is very difficult to find the materials you want...
For example like giant spores, hard shell,,, the amounts of those are kind of not enough.
Sometimes I found nothing in the required biomes.
Maybe a submarine in the future?

I really love the game from 2017 till now, and I came back to give a try it out lots of times to see what have changed but we always faced some frustrations in every come back.
We can feel the Devs really work hard and love their game too. 
The new exploration mode has lots of fun and able to have unlimited resources to grind for now.
However, the mechanic of travelling region to region feels not working well with multiple players mode.

Overall, to be honest its a great game.
I do complained alot after got robbed and ran into a blueprint bug afterwards but Im still playing it.
In fact compares to other new crafting games now, Ylands still wins in many ways.

This game has a huge potential. 
If you are have some extra time and you are willing to give feedback to the Devs.
This game might be the only one that has minecraft, sea of pirates, roblox and lots of other elements.

Edited by Rupert Wang
want to be more positive and give some feedbacks
  • Like 1