Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

An Empty Ocean World to load into Adventure mode

Question

The Issue

Occasionally, while traveling through multiplayer, I will sometimes encounter an issue that ends up with a crash-to-desktop or a disconnect from the server. When I attempt to reload, I find myself unable to reconnect to the server in question, and the game considers me as not in control of my claimed ship. This essentially soft locks Adventure mode for an indeterminate amount of time, until that server either closes or restarts. Or the user is forced to remote that yland from their server list.

The Suggestion

What I would like to see, is an option in every biome to access an empty ocean yland, regardless of being in control of a ship or not. This way, a player encountering a similar issue can "swim out to sea" and re-summon their ship, then they can resume their travels elsewhere.

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

8 hours ago, lkincheloe said:

The Issue

Occasionally, while traveling through multiplayer, I will sometimes encounter an issue that ends up with a crash-to-desktop or a disconnect from the server. When I attempt to reload, I find myself unable to reconnect to the server in question, and the game considers me as not in control of my claimed ship. This essentially soft locks Adventure mode for an indeterminate amount of time, until that server either closes or restarts. Or the user is forced to remote that yland from their server list.

The Suggestion

What I would like to see, is an option in every biome to access an empty ocean yland, regardless of being in control of a ship or not. This way, a player encountering a similar issue can "swim out to sea" and re-summon their ship, then they can resume their travels elsewhere.

Hi there, could you please send us an in-game message after it happens? It sends us your game logs and we can look into the problem. Thank you for letting us know.