Sign in to follow this  
rihapat

Dev Diary #285 There is Never Enough Community Ideas!

Ahoy Ylanders!

As you probably already know, we love implementing stuff you've suggested. You venture out there to the world of Ylands, exploring it and its laws and giving us hints and suggestions how to improve the world. That's the real adventure for us. Ultimately, we want to bring to this world one of the most community driven game of them all. Here is small part of the list of your suggestions, tips and ideas we haven't implemented yet. Of course, we have to have a list.

Community Ideas

• Claiming more boats
  • More faces and hair
  • Costumes for animals
  • Vending machine to sell your items to other players
  • Add body sizes for characters
  • Candles that don't burn out
  • Adjustable armor look
  • Pick where to enter a map
  • Pin recipe on screen
  • Always showing compass
  • Hold click until you fully mine a deposit
  • Ride a horse together
  • Possibility to eat while sitting
  • Enabling growing mushrooms
  • Float when jumping with an umbrella
  • Portals to other ylands
  • More sea creatures
  • Flying on birds
  • Baby animals
  • More block variety
  • Customizable flags and banners
  • Night vision goggles
  • Magic
  • Improving ship combat
  • Lakes and rivers
  • Hunger bar
  • Chinese and Indonesian languages
  • Perk/Buffs you can learn
  • Friendly NPC like residents and villagers and much more!

We can't be more thankful for all these great tips. Yet, even though we barely scratched the surface here, in this case, more is simply more. That's why we wanted to ask you again what would you like to see in Ylands? Say anything! You never know what can find its way to our backlog.

Maybe next time we can show you the list of your features that we already implemented! What do you think about that? Let us know in the comments if you would like to see dev diary like that. Thank you for reading, playing, feedbacking, suggesting and adventuring, Ylanders. You can send your ideas directly here to the comments or into #suggestions_and_ideas room on our Discord.

Stay Classy!

DD_285_FHD_1920_1080_Logo.jpg

• Like 6

I know that everyone of your players are unique and you'll never be able to make everyone happy, but I would like to share my feedback with you. Most of the items you listed above look great! Having said that, I know "0" about programming a game, especially one as large as Ylands. Just for the record, I think you all have done an amazing job and this is my first experience with giving feedback to a developer so I'm glad it is with this game. From the comments I've read from others, your team is exceptional and somewhat uncommon in the gaming world.

Of the items you shared, here are my favorites: 1) Baby animals, 2) Lakes and rivers, 3) Friendly NPCs, 4) Add body sizes for characters, and 5) more block variety.

In addition, I would love to see 1) Part of the block variety could be wallpaper or very thin blocks,  2) real waterfalls, and 3) ability to fight when riding or diving,

Thanks again for all the hard work you've all put in on this game, it definitely shows! Sandy

• Like 2

On 8/18/2023 at 9:37 PM, SandyT said:

I know that everyone of your players are unique and you'll never be able to make everyone happy, but I would like to share my feedback with you. Most of the items you listed above look great! Having said that, I know "0" about programming a game, especially one as large as Ylands. Just for the record, I think you all have done an amazing job and this is my first experience with giving feedback to a developer so I'm glad it is with this game. From the comments I've read from others, your team is exceptional and somewhat uncommon in the gaming world.

Of the items you shared, here are my favorites: 1) Baby animals, 2) Lakes and rivers, 3) Friendly NPCs, 4) Add body sizes for characters, and 5) more block variety.

In addition, I would love to see 1) Part of the block variety could be wallpaper or very thin blocks,  2) real waterfalls, and 3) ability to fight when riding or diving,

Thanks again for all the hard work you've all put in on this game, it definitely shows! Sandy

Thank you so much for the feedback. I personally love the wallpaper/ very thin blocks idea, so cool. :3 

• Like 2

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord un grand merci au développeur et le staff pour le travail effectué depuis longtemps.

Dans les proposition en 1 créer un portail sur l'Ylands de départ pour sauvegarder la progression du joueur contre 500 points d'explorations et la rappeler au besoin pour 100 point uniquement on mode solo.

la seconde creuser le sol au niveau de l'eau.

ces demande sont surement lourde en codage mais la première sauverais des persos bloquer dans des parties multijoueur inaccessible.

Merci pour l'écoute des joueurs.

Cordialement

• Like 1