Sign in to follow this  
MasonNasty

Keybinding conflict bug

Question

While attempting to swap some movement controls around, sprint/walk/dodge/defend, I've run into an issue that I can't fix in game.

Every time I try to set a keybinding to what I want, the game claims there's a conflict. The default setting for sprint and dodge is shift. The game is now telling me setting both to Ctrl is a conflict and I can only set one or the other. Furthuremore, I also can not set these commands back to their original. When setting them back to shift there's conflict, and when pressing the reset button on any of them, conflicts.

I now have to choose between either dodging or sprinting, or suffer redundantly having to use an additional separate keybinding to do so. Is this intended?

I've basically screwed up the whole movement page's commands before I realized what was happening. The gif I made visualizes the issue, and you can extrapolate it to other things like walk (mount) causing same conflicts.

Uninstall didn't fix. If the file is stored somewhere on my computer I couldn't find it, but deleting that may reset them all.

I don't even want to mess with controls anymore now cause I'm scared. I just want to play the game the default way again.

keybinding bug.gif

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I've discovered the global hotkey reset button, however, the main issue of illogical keybinding conflicts still persists

On 9/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, MasonNasty said:

I've discovered the global hotkey reset button, however, the main issue of illogical keybinding conflicts still persists

Thank you for letting us know, we will discuss a possible fix :)