samylands

ANIMAL FINDING AND STRANGE BLOCKS - HELP PLEASE

Hello everyone, I started playing Ylands a few ago, and I'm really loving it. But I just have some questions for some quests. First, I found a scroll of the zoologist on the island near the helmwood outpost, that says he found a "horned lion" (idk the italian-english translation), and it signed it on the map, but I have never seen it, neither on sunny days as it says. How can I find it?

And second, please, on the helmwood island there is a ruin block, roped on the ceiling, on the hill. It is just there for no reason? Or it is some kind of puzzle.. please help me. Thanks a lot

The zoologist scroll hints at mythical animals, there are over 30 of them in the game split between the regions. They don't spawn like normal animals, you need to first find the spawn location and then place down the correct bait which you would have learnt after reading the scroll. Each mythical creature spawns only under specific conditions such as time of day or weather events. The baits are expensive to make and many require ingredients found only at the mystery yland maps that you use exploration points to unlock. The bait recipe should be under Food & Farming>Animal Taming>Mythical Baits.

The structure you have seen at Elmwood's Outpost is just decorative. If you get stuck doing the missions there then you can read the guide on the wiki here

Edited by handofthesly

Oooohhh ok, thanks now it is all clear. The problem is that I removed all the red quartz and the furry that showed the right zone 🤣 but I will find a way. Thanks a lot!

If you read the scroll again it should remark the map with the animals icon, then you can add your own marker so that you can still see where it is after the original disappears when you get close