Sign in to follow this  
Indian Chief

Suggestions

Question

G'day Ylanders.... it's been a while and I've recently started playing ylands again.

I imagine you have a long enough list of suggested items and elements of the game to last you for many years... but for what it's worth I'm going to try and make the list a little longer :)

1. Action blocks.. these are blocks that move. So for e.g if you build a crane on top of a rotating block it could be moved. You could have basic where the player can interact with them and more advanced where you need power and switch/es so you could power up a moving windmill.

A few more switches and levers would be a nice addition too...

2.Curved blocks made from the already great options we have available. I recall we got basic blocks that included a curved block, seeing this expanded would be great

3. Hooks, I know we can use umbrellas etc but I think having a hook we can craft would be better

4. Chains and shackles that can be crafted.... fantastic items in game. But with how few I find, it hinders building in game

5.The ability to move water or add water. Being able to make rivers/lakes or wells in game would be cool.

6. Enemy at random encounters that are riding animals

7. Legendary enemies... where after dealing with x amount of a certain type of enemies a legendary version of it can be fought. Which after defeating drops a collectable which can be added to a shelf... kinda like fall out does with the bobbleheads... but instead of just finding them you have to earn them.

8. Npcs that are crewmen/women on ships that can repair the ship or fire cannons

I'll leave it at 8 as in the past my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears.

Since coming back I've really enjoyed the exploring side of ylands.. as I always have.. especially with mates.
Your under water bios are bloody awesome. How you've spread out the resources on different bios.

How more resources are used in how you build items... it used to be half of the things you could collect were useless... not so much now.

The newer random encounters have a lot more detailing in there builds... this makes exploring more enjoyable.

Ghost ships.... ooo yeah loved this... Yo and I managed to find out that theres more than one way to skin a ghost ship.

Story mode.... hmmm great concept... if I'm being honest needs a lot of work.
I'll make a separate post another time on just this subject. But for replay ability players need choices that vary. For e.g when we first wash up on shore... we have 3 people offering to help... but we can only choose 1 to help... they could all lead to a similar path... but have a different way of getting there.... or a more evil or passive way.
It's not very clear why we're helping old mate out... maybe having a goal/reason for helping him.
As an e.g your help him find components for a time machine... and to do so you need to search different ylands and do missions like you kind of have now.

The english translation's not bad but the grammar definitely could use some improvements.

I feel Ylands is heading in the right direction and will be watching with a keen eye on future updates.

My suggestions aren't meant to be a dig at the team, but hopefully some positive and constructive. feedback.

Have a great Christmas and New Years 

Chief

• Like 1

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion