andy brooks

Rog Ally no keyboard

Hi I’ve recently bought a Rog Ally. I’ve been enjoying Ylands for a number of years. But since playing on a Rog ally I couldn’t use the keyboard to name my ship! I had two of them one was a motor ship for exploring while I used the other as a floating base. I went on my laptop to name both ships but lost the other (which is my base ship with all my workstations basically all my tools and everything I owned gone. I’ve searched all the maps and even one of the maps has reverted back to a small version of a map (the last place I saw it) 

not sure if I’m connected to the same account. But the character is named Mika GLOBTROTTER  is there any chance of finding it or has it gone completely? 

First and most important thing to do is to send a bug report to the Devs via the in-game message system (envelope icon>Dev tab). The Devs will be able to investigate what has happened. 

Unfortunately I don't think this platform is officially supported by the game so naturally there could be problems arising with not everything functioning correctly. I'm not sure if you were using the Steam/Microsoft Store version of the game on it or if it was the mobile Android/iOS version which has the smaller maps only. If you left the ship spawned in and unclaimed on a singleplayer map then the only way it could have disappeared is if you manually deleted the map it was on or used the reset adventure and character progress in the settings which would also wipe all of your inventory, claimed ships, unlocked recipes etc.

Edited by handofthesly

On 12/21/2023 at 12:28 PM, andy brooks said:

Hi I’ve recently bought a Rog Ally. I’ve been enjoying Ylands for a number of years. But since playing on a Rog ally I couldn’t use the keyboard to name my ship! I had two of them one was a motor ship for exploring while I used the other as a floating base. I went on my laptop to name both ships but lost the other (which is my base ship with all my workstations basically all my tools and everything I owned gone. I’ve searched all the maps and even one of the maps has reverted back to a small version of a map (the last place I saw it) 

not sure if I’m connected to the same account. But the character is named Mika GLOBTROTTER  is there any chance of finding it or has it gone completely? 

Hello, we do not support Rog Ally at the moment.

I need to know names of both accounts to see if they are the same.