Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

RESOLVED [YLD-7821] Game logic seems completely broken in the editor

Question

Hello,

I've found quite a big problem I believe:

I'm trying to run previously working maps (the test map for the ship stats) in the editor but I keep getting errors about game logic: "INVALID GAME LOGIC OBJECTS NEED TO BE FIXED FIRST" "[EVENT LISTENER 1 ID:4] ENTITY REFERENCED IN FIELD OBJECT DOESN'T EXIST".

This exact game logic used to work before last update :( I've also deleted all game logic, replaced all the blocks but the error keeps appearing. I've added the logs.

I'm trying to make a system where if I shoot at an archery target, certain blocks move up an X amount of blocks.

Adrie

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

sorry to hear that. I encountered the issue yesterday while I was editing mine test scenario.

There is (slow) workaround. When pressing Play writes errors to you and you are sure that there are not any, just save scenario and reload it. It should work after that. (at least for me it worked)

Second option is to wait. There will be small hotfix for this today/tomorrow.

-----------------

It is possible that scenario which used to work is not working anymore. It was possible to run it even though there were errors (wrong references to deleted object/undefined references) and it could cause unpredictable behaviour in the game. Now it is not possible to run it. The error report is now very simple and far away from final form.

3 hours ago, Houp said:

Hi,

sorry to hear that. I encountered the issue yesterday while I was editing mine test scenario.

There is (slow) workaround. When pressing Play writes errors to you and you are sure that there are not any, just save scenario and reload it. It should work after that. (at least for me it worked)

Second option is to wait. There will be small hotfix for this today/tomorrow.

-----------------

It is possible that scenario which used to work is not working anymore. It was possible to run it even though there were errors (wrong references to deleted object/undefined references) and it could cause unpredictable behaviour in the game. Now it is not possible to run it. The error report is now very simple and far away from final form.

Thanks, I will try the workaround after work today :)

No need to workaround anymore. Fix was released a few minutes ago.

• Upvote 1