Neamow13

RESOLVED [YLD-7953] Items won't stack or enter sub-inventories (like seedboxes) until they enter the inventory.

Question

Hello!

I noticed a little bit of an annoying thing with the inventory: if you are moving items between inventories, the same items will not stack together until they first enter the inventory.

For example I have a chest with 5 grass, and want to move the 5 more grass in my inventory to the chest. Regardless of whether I right-click it in or drag-and-drop, it never stacks with the existing grass, and goes to a new slot, and only then I can click and move them to stack them together.

Similar thing with the seedbox for example - if I am moving seeds from a chest to a seedbox in my inventory, I have to first move the seeds to my inventory and then to the seedbox, it cannot be done in one drag-and-drop move.

Fixing this would be a nice QoL time-saver.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Main issue should be fixed, items (whenever they enter inventory/container first try to stack). Also right now there is sort inventory function which should automatically stack everything into correct containers. Minor annoyance with rest of the stack being in your inventory remains = you have to click 2 times to send full stack in to container by RMB if half of the stack is present in container. This issue has separate ticket and it is a bit tricky to fix without breaking some other inventory functions.