Daniel Santiago

RESOLVED Why i can't play Ylands?

Question

First of all, english is not my first language so, Im sorry if I write something wrong

I bought Ylands on Steam but i cant play it, the game doesn´t open... well it does but I can only hear the music but I can´t see the game in my screen, I put a screenshot I hope you can help me, greetings from México :)

Sin título.png

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Very old issue but yes this integrated graphic cards have too low GPU memory by default, but you can always change the assigned VRAM in your BIOS which should fix the issue.

New here too but I work in IT. Some general ideas would be to update your video drivers and your Windows 10. Either of those could cause the issue. Maybe try a file verification on Ylands in Steam if those other two don't help.

23 minutes ago, sgc_spartan said:

New here too but I work in IT. Some general ideas would be to update your video drivers and your Windows 10. Either of those could cause the issue. Maybe try a file verification on Ylands in Steam if those other two don't help.

I got my windows updated and the video drivers and still nothing :(

Nvidia sent me an automatic  "game ready"  update for my video card driver  yesterday. I suspect that  most of  the problems  people are getting is  due  to  their  card not meeting the min  specifications.  I ave a Nvidia GTX 750 with  2 meg  memory..and   that's sufficient ... just .. as i  do get some frame rate  drop now and then.

Also there's your internet  connection... I am on  fast adsl2,  but  sometimes i get lag spikes, especially  during  times of  peak usage.

Also  wifi connections  can  slow you down ...  I have a cordless mouse, and it was  horrible...  but fixed when i took the receiver from the back of  my computer and  plugged it into a  usb extension cable  which i taped to  near my  keyboard, about  300  mm from the mouse pad ... fixed it!:D

I would  suggest that anyone  having  difficulties should  compare their  set up  specifications  with the recommended ones. .... also  ensure  any  antivirus  / firewall has the game  whitelisted.

16 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Nvidia sent me an automatic  "game ready"  update for my video card driver  yesterday. I suspect that  most of  the problems  people are getting is  due  to  their  card not meeting the min  specifications.  I ave a Nvidia GTX 750 with  2 meg  memory..and   that's sufficient ... just .. as i  do get some frame rate  drop now and then.

Also there's your internet  connection... I am on  fast adsl2,  but  sometimes i get lag spikes, especially  during  times of  peak usage.

Also  wifi connections  can  slow you down ...  I have a cordless mouse, and it was  horrible...  but fixed when i took the receiver from the back of  my computer and  plugged it into a  usb extension cable  which i taped to  near my  keyboard, about  300  mm from the mouse pad ... fixed it!:D

I would  suggest that anyone  having  difficulties should  compare their  set up  specifications  with the recommended ones. .... also  ensure  any  antivirus  / firewall has the game  whitelisted.

This are my specs, can I play with this? Im not an expert of PC I play in my laptop

Sin título.png

This is what i  found on the  website regarding  min specs:

Minimum
Operating system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz processor
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics Card: discrete DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive Space: 500 MB
Recommended
Operating system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz processor
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive Space:

500 MB

I have an i3 with 16 Gb  ram and a  Nvidia gtx 750 

I am not  familiar with the operating  speed of  AMD  .... but the  2.0 GHz  might  be an issue ...but i am not a technical expert.

There will be an expert out  ther,e  who can enlighten us?B|