ThatDavis

Link Steam Account with Bohemia Interactive Account

Hi, so after purchasing, downloading and then running Ylands I was greeted by a post which among many things, told me to link my Steam account to a Bohemia account to earn 9200 coyns (equivalent of 40 USD). If I didn't, then my balance would simply show 4600, which it did and still does. I didn't have a Bohemia Interactive Account, but I made one because I don't turn down free stuff (rarely anything is free these days). I've linked the two accounts, but I don't see the coyns added to my balance, and I can't see anything I need to do additionally to claim them. So I was simply wondering when I would have those coyns added to my balance. At the moment it's just the standard 4600. This isn't a big problem, after all it's a free gift, I can't complain about that. However I didn't have an account with Bohemia, and I didn't need one. Additionally linking the two accounts wasn't particularly smooth for me, for some reason the email simply wouldn't send, and then the accounts refused to link. So, I'm simply wondering when or how I can claim the free 9200 coyns that I was told I would get, if I linked accounts. I didn't attach anything, but I have a screenshot if it's required, but I doubt that. 

All the best, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm enjoying Ylands a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatDavis said:

Hi, so after purchasing, downloading and then running Ylands I was greeted by a post which among many things, told me to link my Steam account to a Bohemia account to earn 9200 coyns (equivalent of 40 USD). If I didn't, then my balance would simply show 4600, which it did and still does. I didn't have a Bohemia Interactive Account, but I made one because I don't turn down free stuff (rarely anything is free these days). I've linked the two accounts, but I don't see the coyns added to my balance, and I can't see anything I need to do additionally to claim them. So I was simply wondering when I would have those coyns added to my balance. At the moment it's just the standard 4600. This isn't a big problem, after all it's a free gift, I can't complain about that. However I didn't have an account with Bohemia, and I didn't need one. Additionally linking the two accounts wasn't particularly smooth for me, for some reason the email simply wouldn't send, and then the accounts refused to link. So, I'm simply wondering when or how I can claim the free 9200 coyns that I was told I would get, if I linked accounts. I didn't attach anything, but I have a screenshot if it's required, but I doubt that. 

All the best, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm enjoying Ylands a lot.

From what I remember and I could be completely wrong but you only get the 4600 and not 9200.. 

59 minutes ago, ThatDavis said:

Nope, It was all very specific. Can anyone from the Ylands team answer my question?

had the same "issue", said i would recieve 9200 yet i only have 4400 (used 200 on a sword) :)

The 9200 coyns in total were only for those for purchased the game BEFORE the Steam release.

• Downvote 1

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Ane. I suggest editing the NEWS slightly to ensure no one else makes the same mistake I did, and ask the same question I did.

All the best to the Ylands team.

• Upvote 2

well dear Ylands Team :( thats makes me sad.. cause in the advertising it is written a bit different..
if i dont get anything for the account linking, how do i unlink my game from this site cause this sucks pretty badly? i am feeling pulled over the table  :S

Edited by s.oft
grmpf
  • Upvote 1

Ane - thanks for the answer on this.  I saw the same message and had been trying to figure it out since.

• Upvote 1

If you take a look, you'll see that the message is dated November 16th 2017 (long before the game became publicly available) and clearly says "show our appreciation to you, who have been with us so far, by giving you 9200 coyns". But we undertand it might have created a bit of confusion, so we'll clarify this in the news itself. Sorry for the confusion!

• Downvote 1

ok then >:( ... how the hell do i UNLINK my game again?

is it enough to delete my account here? and will it be unlinked that way?

btw. you should clarify this on the steam forums aswell, and make ready for the shitstorm...

Edited by s.oft
'damn, why i need a reason to edit?'

Hi,

we're sorry for the misunderstanding but it's really exactly like the main Ylands Steam page says:

...During Early Access, new players receive 4600 coyns (ca 20 USD) to spend

As to what the linking is good for: it makes sure that all your progress, all your characters, skins, pets, everything you bought - but also any games or compositions you make and upload to Workshop - you will be able to continue using even if, in future, you play ylands on non-Steam platform. With us planning to keep developing ylands for many years to come and having plans on moving over to other platforms as well, we consider linking to BI account a good idea - but we understand if you don't feel the same way.

If you are sure that you want us to unlink your account, it can be done, but please note, that in that case following will happen:

* you will lose access to anything you might have uploaded to Workshop
* while your saved games will stay intact, after you get unlinked you will enter them as a new character - your original character will be present in those games (you can get you items back by killing them in Exploration)
* all your potential purchases will be reset and your balance will return to 4600 coyns
* your current forum identity will become obsolete and you will be required to recreate it the next time you try to enter the forum

If you want us to proceed, please contact us through PM to confirm this procedure. If you have any questions about any of these steps, we will gladly answer them here.

We will be creating a sticky post about this so that even others who are considering this know what to expect.