Sign in to follow this  
Katastrophem8

Player Limit / Island Limit

I was curious if the player limit and/or the island limit is planned to be increased, and if not is the reason technical or for game play purposes. I plan on hosting servers when the dedicated servers are released and higher player limit would be great!

Thanks,

I read somewhere else on here that it would possibly be increased after Dedi servers roll out.

Some of the dev team have hinted in random forum posts and replies that expanding the map and player count would be possible improvements for the future but are not being worked on right now.

The player count at 8 is technical and for gameplay. Technically speaking, the game has enough issues in multiplayer that having more people on a server would just make things worse. Gameplay wise, the only resources that I think respawn are berries on bushes. Nothing else seems to respawn so eventually you would run out of resources. If the player count was upwards of like 20 or 30, especially on a public server that is up 24/7 with players constantly rotating in throughout the day, each server would be stripped pretty fast. Not to mention all the random and abandoned bases (it would look like a public rust server)