Question

Hi!

I bought this game about week ago. My FPS is dropping from more that 100 to about 10-15 after a while of game play. After that drop happens, FPS stays there between 10 and 15 until I load that game again. I've been trying to use every visual settings from low to ultra and even with lower resolution but nothing seems to help me with that.  After that drop I can't even save the game. I changed Ylands.exe file properties to use windows 8 compatibility mode (with administrator mode) and without full screen optimization. Since I changed these settings I had no trouble anymore in single player but today I started to play with my friend (I was hosting) and that problem was there again. I noticed that many times when that happens I use campfire, not sure yet tho that this is related to this problem.

My specs are i5 6300hq, 8bg of RAM, GTX 1060 6gb. 

Any idea how to solve this or is this already known issue to developers?

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have EXACTLY the same problem. I also noticed that this is related to sleeping or fires. Even weirder is that ANY progress after this is not being saved anymore. I'm happy to provide my own log files if that helps, but this needs to be fixed asap really - it's unplayable like this 

• Thanks 1

I am  ruining  an  i3    with  16 gig ram  os, and a 500 gig HD  + a  1 Tb  external drive   with a  nividia gtx 750 2 gig graphics card.  I store all my  videos and other  stuff on the  external drive to  free up the  CPU. I do get  lag  spikes   during sailing  only, but then i am in a remote area of  Australia   connected to the internet  via  adsl2...and   knotted wet string.

The  occasional   moment  or two freezing is  not of  concern to me...  and its   less frequent  that what i get on other  games.B|

By the way, whenever i do encounter a   fps  drop  in any game , i check the  disk  activity light.  Despite the most  p to date  firewall, antivirus and   antispamware,  the  creators of theses  nuance always  seem to be able to drop something into  you  computer.

I do a regular clean out of  my system for malware...  and also  i dont  have a lot   of  useless "apps"  clogging  my system.  Most of the time a  fps  drop is because  some rogue  program is  tryn g to send your  personal data to others  in the background.

Guaranteed that this is not related to your hardware. This is a faulty call in the Update() procedure.

See my answer here, it might help you: