Sign in to follow this  
Michael Gallagher

Arrows

Is there a way to craft arrows in exploration mode?  I've made a bow and have what would seem to be the logical components of a recipe, but a recipe never comes up.

yes, i made me some already.

just straighten some sticks and cut them to shafts. i then used resin to glue the flint tips to the sticks and some feathers at the other end.

if you find it hard to cut proper notches into the feathered end without a fine saw, try to just cut a V shape. also, if you break some of the broader tips while chipping them, keep some. tho the more bladeshaped are better for hunting bigger mammals, i found that the slim, pointy ones are fine for birds and small game still. when choosing the wood type for the shafts, i tend to go for something with a higher resin amount. those will be less affected by dampness or outright soaking. and when checking for lenght, i tend to make mine about a handwidth too long. in case just the tip breaks (its flint..), that should leave you with enough material to fix a new head instead of throwing it away.

;D

Hi,

the fact that after you've created a bow you don't see a recipe for making arrows is pretty much a bug fixed in the upcoming update.

You can create those even now, though. You need sticks, resin, flint and feather. Once you have at least one piece of each of these in your inventory (or had at some point in the past) the arrows recipe will unlock.

(I mean as long as you're planning to make some in the game. If not, I think what Aethelis wrote would work as well ;) )

sorry. that was meant to be a colorful description of the recipe, but i eventualy got carried away a bit :)

crossbow bolts are the same recipe btw, but i didnt discover any higher tier arrows (like iron for example) yet.