WijkagentAdrie

RESOLVED Character hitbox

Question

Hello,

I already reported a bit on this in another thread:

On 14/12/2017 at 11:22 PM, WijkagentAdrie said:

I've actually made a quick, plain test map that shows the problem rather well! I've made 3 gates:

20171214221925_1.thumb.jpg.cae340df7ce1aef1922419d47f648f38.jpg

Gate 1, you can not go through. There is still roughly half a block space, but the game won't let you walk under it. Next to it is the exact same gate, but this time with slopes in front of it. For some reason, even though the height is 100% similar and you still walk under the exact same stone cubes, you can walk under this. But because the slopes are only in 1 direction you can only get through it in this one direction. Next to it is a 6 high gate which you can pass through normally.

On my ships I have been able to get through the left most gate. The reason I can get through is because due to the waves, the ship rocks from left to right. The character stays upright, so relative to the gate is in a diagonal position. This gives (when you're lucky) enough space to pass through, but it can be quite tricky. Also this triggers the other bug that when you push into your ship in first person the ship goes crazy.

Attached is the map, it's an editor scenario so be sure to change the extension :) 

Adrie

TEST_FOR_ANE.txt

I've been finding issues with this when working with the teepee tents. First of all, the smallest teepee tent is no longer accessible whatsoever. Even though the character should perfectly fit, you can't get into it.

20171216213752_1.thumb.jpg.481ac159c708b14e1c6dd755fc23aa07.jpg

Next, I've tried to make a door for another teepee. I tried them seperate: I can get through the door alone, I can get into the teepee alone, but when I combine them I can't get in again.

Edit: When I jump I can actually enter both of these tents, which is rather weird. Walking out is just fine.

20171216213741_1.thumb.jpg.6f8a60f18479cea352969ea40ba35c2b.jpg

Adrie

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I was just thinking of posting about a similar problem I was having with getting into my stone house. If I jump I can get through my doorway but otherwise I can’t. My character tries but his legs go all funny like he’s crouching or getting pushed down by something.