Sign in to follow this  
Corb4n

Please oh please make ylandium more plentiful

Question

Hi. So a friend and i are at the point where we wanted to craft mining drills and and a charging station. We explored 7 or 8 islands + the "north pole", but we didn't find a single ylandium crystall. We found a bunch of mutated animals. Even some of these 3-5 packs. We explored every cave system we could find. We even "cheated/exploited" with the first person view to see if we missed some caves (standing right to a wall let's you look behind). But we are far away from the ~50 dust we need for the 2 drills + charging station. Not to mention all the other stuff we wanted to craft.

Also, my friend mentioned there may be diamonds? We didn't find those either. So I'm not sure anymore if we missed something or the map generation bugged (for us). But if all is working as intended, i have to say, ylandium is too rare. Just our opinion of course.

We really like the game. We started our first map and have now ~32h of playtime. The sounds, light, weather effects, the atmosphere, all this is awesome and we are looking forward for everything that is to come. Keep up the great work and we wish you great (further) success.

Best regards, Corb4n

• Upvote 2

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Diamonds are found randomly when digging up the ground, I think they are more for cosmetic purposes and don’t have a specific value yet.

In terms of the Ylandium Crystals, did you find the massive open caves? Usually there’s a few linked together and the lower ones have more crystals in them. But yeah I generally agree how sparse they can be.

Edited by handofthesly

Yes.  Ylandium is too rare. (see my post about this here)  Either massively reduce ylandium recipe requirements or allow for (a lot) more ylandium to spawn in the map.  I've searched 4 ylands and not a single crystal.  About 30 dusts from mutants, but that's it.  At current recipe requirements allow 3x ylandium dust drop rates and at least 5x crystal spawn rates.  This should allow for ylandium tech items to be made without exploring the whole map just to craft one or two items.

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson
clarity, links

I have been to every island I have and every cave possible and only 20 ylandium dust.  How am I supposed to progress when when it is pretty impossible at this point to get anymore?  (EDIT) Didn't see the other post about his and I don't know how to delete

Edited by Dustin Michael

WAY too rare if I want to progress farther than I am. I have searched everywhere in the caves.. every island I have and only got 20 ylandium.

Edited by Dustin Michael