PoPe-2c12d0994bfb1e64

Host Unreachable ¿POSIBLE SOLUTION?

Question

First of all sorry for my bad english,

I have a problem with the Host Unreachable;

I open all the ports that you say in this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/298610/discussions/2/1620599015865077154/.

But the problem persist, i have done a lot of test and i think that the posible solution maybe is the time out when you enter to a server, when the server is new created i can enter without problems very fast because there are a few entities only, but when the server have more entities and i try to enter when i arrive always to 25 seconds more or less i always get the message "Host Unreachable", i try a lot of times entering and always more or less 25 sec latter i get the error.

Sometimes load to 55%, other times to 60% but all the times after same time in seconds, so the problem i think that maibe is the time out, of course the other problem is my bad connection i have only 3MB but i can play to other games withouth problems.

can you check this?is posible to test with more time?Thanks a lot!

Edited by PoPe-2c12d0994bfb1e64

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

In MP, Ylands relies on steam networking to both establish connection and send data between Ylands client and server. The Host Unreachable error indicates that steam networking was unable to establish connection between the game client and remote game server. In general, steam networking will be able to establish connection without issues, but sometimes firewall or specific configuration of network environment of the client or server may affect it. Make sure all ports that steam uses are open https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711.

Oh, I'm sorry, this generic answer was meant for a player who hasn't tried that (I was looking into that issue and had several player reports open). I will pass your report to the programmer in charge. Thanks!