Sign in to follow this  
Antimidation

1x2 triangle blocks and suggestions

Question

1x2 Triangle placement-
One might think that you could piece together the blocks you have provided in a tight knit manner, the 1x2 triangles are essentially 1x2 rectangles split diagonally and used to make walls or beams at angles, for roof tops, lets say. You cannot complete a rectangle with 2, 1x2 triangles if both sides of the shape are taken up by other blocks....in other words, lets say I have a hole in a floor with the exact shape you provide, a 1x2 triangle, this will not fit, it will say "There is not enough space" I have attached screen shots of what I mean. This should not happen, i should be allowed to place this block into this space. 

Suggestions:
Maps - A major quality of life improvement for the map is needed, mainly just all the typical things you see in every single other game out there, way points, marking the map with symbols to mark locations, etc. Also maybe you can somehow share map information with people? Lets say I make a map and the person I give it to will see the things I have uncovered and they can explore from that point? Maybe the ability to hot key it if it's in your inventory but not in your action slots?

Potential block shapes - Thin planks (no, not the ones that are provided) but ones that are straight and thin that can be placed along beams or pier supports individually? A block shape that fills the gap where two triangular roof top materials meet, you have this shape in a normal 1x1 block, but not a 1x2x2 roof shape.

Make the world more alive - It's a great world so far but it needs more danger and action....people who like to make their own games privately won't have much "adventure" if there is no other dangers besides some beasts to contend with, maybe add in some bandits, pirates, or even friendly villages and towns you can discover? 

Please make the sea full of life, keep adding to it as much as you can. Keep adding in more building assets and terrestrial animals, plants, trees, birds, etc.

I'm having a fun time so far, keep up the good work, thank you!

20171224132752_1.jpg

20171224133122_1.jpg

20171224133128_1.jpg

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

4 hours ago, Antimidation said:

1x2 Triangle placement-
One might think that you could piece together the blocks you have provided in a tight knit manner, the 1x2 triangles are essentially 1x2 rectangles split diagonally and used to make walls or beams at angles, for roof tops, lets say. You cannot complete a rectangle with 2, 1x2 triangles if both sides of the shape are taken up by other blocks....in other words, lets say I have a hole in a floor with the exact shape you provide, a 1x2 triangle, this will not fit, it will say "There is not enough space" I have attached screen shots of what I mean. This should not happen, i should be allowed to place this block into this space. 

Suggestions:
Maps - A major quality of life improvement for the map is needed, mainly just all the typical things you see in every single other game out there, way points, marking the map with symbols to mark locations, etc. Also maybe you can somehow share map information with people? Lets say I make a map and the person I give it to will see the things I have uncovered and they can explore from that point? Maybe the ability to hot key it if it's in your inventory but not in your action slots?

*snip*

Make the world more alive - It's a great world so far but it needs more danger and action....people who like to make their own games privately won't have much "adventure" if there is no other dangers besides some beasts to contend with, maybe add in some bandits, pirates, or even friendly villages and towns you can discover? 

That's usually how those block types work in most voxel/block building games. There's nothing wrong with them, in my opinion. Trying to interlock them, unless of course for aesthetic purposes, is a tad redundant, when you can just use the full, uncut block.

A lot of people are suggesting additions to maps. (Myself included. See my "Workstation Suggestion: Cartographer's Desk" topic. [/shameless plug]) I think they're top priority should be to get them fixed for MP first. Being Player 2+ or playing on a server, only to have your map wipe constantly inhibits a bit of free reign.

They have confirmed they are working to get NPCs and NPC bases/ports/villages into the game sometime early 2018. They haven't given any specifics on dates, that I'm aware of, though. 

34 minutes ago, JeremiahKane said:

That's usually how those block types work in most voxel/block building games. There's nothing wrong with them, in my opinion. Trying to interlock them, unless of course for aesthetic purposes, is a tad redundant, when you can just use the full, uncut block.

A lot of people are suggesting additions to maps. (Myself included. See my "Workstation Suggestion: Cartographer's Desk" topic. [/shameless plug]) I think they're top priority should be to get them fixed for MP first. Being Player 2+ or playing on a server, only to have your map wipe constantly inhibits a bit of free reign.

They have confirmed they are working to get NPCs and NPC bases/ports/villages into the game sometime early 2018. They haven't given any specifics on dates, that I'm aware of, though. 

From my screenshots you are telling me it's unreasonable to ask for those triangles to fit in those spots? Did you ever play Landmark? What's happening is that the bounding box the triangle is in thinks it's still a rectangle so it thinks there is no room in there....why have it in game if i can't be free to make exactly the shape I came out with? Like i said before to get the particular angle or edge one would need to make that triangle and fill it in as needed....the 1x1 triangle creates a completely different angle.

I'm glad they have npc's in the works, that sounds good. I figured the maps are a given but I also know it's good to repeat things in the suggestion areas so they won't miss anything if it's important enough, many people will say it over and over. Thanks for the information!

Edited by Antimidation

I never said it was unreasonable. Just uncommon. And yeah, I know the bounding box counts it as the full 2x1x1 size, instead of its shape. Most of the voxel games I've played that use such shapes don't set their bounding boxes in such a way. Again, not unreasonable, but uncommon.

• Upvote 1