Sign in to follow this  
Designated Drinker

Random seed five max size ylands?

so i picked a seed at random and selected five max sized  ylands but it seems to me that it is just one giant map? i have sailed all over and can't find anymore ylands, is it possible to view my seeds full map to see what is going on?  if there is five then they are so close they look like one to me (there are a few tiny ylands off the main giant one, but hell i can swim to them and they are tiny), if the case is they are so close would be nice to have an option to spread them out far from each other, with the addition of having each yland a different biome so we can build everything in the game,if we go far out and explore other ylands(making you need to go out and explore), at this point it seems the five ylands generator just gives us one giant yland with 4 tiny ones instead of kinda sharing the land between the 5 with abit more distance between them unless i am missing something?

It sounds to me that you're playing in Creative mode? In that mode all the ylands have the same biome and you don't sail to other ylands etc.

So try running an Explore game instead :)

9 hours ago, Ane said:

It sounds to me that you're playing in Creative mode? In that mode all the ylands have the same biome and you don't sail to other ylands etc.

So try running an Explore game instead :)

yes i used the editor to generate a map but when doing so i did not get to pick which mode i wanted, if i do a explore mode i cant pick the number of ylands,size and add in spawn points ect, so i like the creation modes options control how many ylands and the size, but i like explore modes biome diversity,distance between ylands , and random caves, i can live without the caves in creation mode as i could create my own, but why not add biome diversity to create mode, or a tool to create a new biome, i tried to add snow on an island i made on creation mode and polar bears but the biome i picked for the entire map was arid so it wasn't cold on that yland.

On 12/27/2017 at 8:40 AM, Ane said:

That's how it works in Creative mode :)

the reason i think controlling where people spawn is important is because what is to stop say people spawning in and digging a massive hole right on the spawn, that is my fear, i know most people don't do stuff like that but it only takes one guy, so triple metal flooring is what i do, as changing the hp on items does not seem to work in the editor?