Miguel Preguisa

Supernatural Ylands?

Is there any official opinion on supernatural things in the Ylands? I know that we have alchemy (I hope to have even more advanced alchemy sometime in the future :P) and Ylandium, but what about other similar features? Magic, spells, portals, curses, ..? Is this one of the ways you are going, or is Ylands going to be more "realistic" in this? To be honest, I like both options but I was just recently thinking about it. :D Well, of course there is always that option not to choose any of those two and leave it opened for future, so I'm just interested in that if you discussed this already. :)

• Upvote 1

Well, we have two main goals - to keep improving the Explore game (we have some grand plans for that) and to keep giving players tools to make their own games (to improve what can be done with the Editor - which goes very often pretty much hand in hand with the improvements we make to Explore game and vice versa).

For us "giving players tools to make their own games" means letting them create as many game types/genres as possible - so not giving them the option to add magic, spells, portals or to populate their ylands with supernatural creatures would be a horrible mistake :)

At the same time, though, we understand that there are players who will want to create games, that will be set in strictly realistic environment - those will be able to create games where there will be no magic at all.

As a matter of fact - things like more magic, magical creatures or teleports are already on our internal roadmap :)

PS: I'm sorry that it took us this long to answer - this was an extremely busy week for us...

• Upvote 1

I have just finished reading the sneak peak (improved farming? yay!) and I get it - you have a lot of work. :D  So plans for more magic do exist, that's nice. Thanks for you answer. ^_^