Sign in to follow this  
Silwercastle

"No Entry" in the Ylands language.

I encountered a tunnel that ran parallel to a cliff face...      i retreated hurriedly when i met a clump of such creatures waiting on a ledge  and consulting their menu  to see if i was on it:S

So i returned to the area with a powder keg  and placed it  against the cliff wall on the outside where i calculated the tunnel was inside and where those  nasties were  waiting.

Result : a new  cavern opening, a huge  hole and no  nasties   seen so far.. xD  but then discovered  further along the  tunnel  turns into a vertical shaft ...and    i suspect it  will  lead nowhere productive ...my  "instant mining"  appears to have destroyed  everything useful

Sometimes these beasties  lurk on ledges  above you and   jump  from amazing  heights ... :S

I had 3 of them send me back to spawn when they jumped me side tunnel. :/

This is my first real amazing cave system in all the maps I had. Just in the tunnels I found 30 crystals and collected 19 ylandium from killing wolves and bears in them and now I found the  big cave with more tunnels that might have more ylandium.:x

In  one of my older games  ( pre 0.6) i  encountered a sing;e  entrance  and a  short level tunnel to a   huge cavern .. there were no offshoot  tunnels   just the cavern which went back  right into the center of the yland ...and  around the edges  were  ledges  infested with  mutants and  ylandium crystals.  I must have  used up over 250 crossbow  bolts  knocking them off the walls   yet they still managed to  jump me..   This cavern  was soooo huge  that 25  lanterns  had  little  effect..  Due to the upgrade and  no  rubber i  abandoned that game ...i must have  spent  2  real days  in there  firing   crossbow  bolts and  defending myself .  I would   clear out  one  area ...run back to get more  ammo  and find that some had respawned   behind me.

One of the  challenges of  the game ...i even had in one  game a mutant emerge from a  hole  i had  dug  into a  cave/tunnel ..and it  monstered me in my temporary campsite at  night.   Fortunately   it  didnt like  the campfire i  hurriedly lit:S