Sign in to follow this  
YMonkey

KNOWN ISSUE Tall buildings not being able to place

Question

I have had this bug happen a few times. I can't place tall objects like large masts with sail (I haven't tried regular masts with sail) or wind turbines. These are the only ones that I have had problems with. It happens on multiplayer and singleplayer. it either says "location too far" or "Not enough space". It says "Not enough space" even when there is nothing wrong! It eventually works after getting off and on the world, but I don't know why that works. Its super annoying and makes it really annoying to get off and on a lot. Please fix this bug in the new update. I would appreciate it a lot! It has happened on multiple worlds, and on different computers, though I don't know if anyone else has had this happened. I use steam by the way. It happens almost every time.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

The exact same thing is happening to me. With the exact same 2 items. Note that for me the sail seems to push the boat around and into the water. I am using grid mode to place, in 3'rd person view. The ship is not touching the ground, and the anchor is down.

This has been reported and  discussed and  a solution  is most likely being devised,  but a work around  seems to be at the moment  to  "pick"something up first..

Regarding the    big sail ... it has to be within the "limits" of the   ship, so has to be in contact with the deck  and  not  objects placed on another layer above the deck. Regarding  fitting the  mast, it  can be a "cow of a task" and finding a place for you and it  on the  deck at the same time  can be tricky.

Check some other topics  about the  ships and   you will see some  suggestions etc.:)

Edited by kimbuck
Mi Badd spellung!

I know all about the sail, but it doesn't just happen with a ship. i tried that wind turbine on land, and after i posted this(I was actually still in game) i got the wind turbine to work. but i don't know why this happens. i knew all the restrictions and i didn't have a 2 deck ship. i have no idea. it takes FOREVER to get it to work. i don't know