Sign in to follow this  
jismyL

KNOWN ISSUE Dying on ship while using stairs

Question

Hi Ylanders, how are you doing?

I enjoy the game even in this Alpha phase, there are lot of glitches and stuff ofc but overall i'm loving the game so far. Yesterday i spend a few hours building a large double deck ship. Took me a lot of resources ( i mean a lot :) ), and finally i did manage to finish it. Proudly sailed off and in the first snowstorm i came across i went in my cabin to get cozy and sit next to a fire, but the snow was coming indoors so i couldn't light the wood. So i said i'd better head back, so i went out and started to go up the stairs when my character glitched and went into a twisted motion, like the one when you fall of a hill. I ... died :( Reason : falling from a high place of something. Lost my ship and stuff, but my worst regret was i didn't screen shot my ship. I wasn't angry, i know its alpha but i must post this for attention as a bug.

I am most frustrated with the positioning of items atm and the terraforming which is a pain in the but hehe, especially the spade and shovel use and positioning, the dirt placement ( i like to build underground bases), and all those diamond shaped blocks and leftovers when trying to reshape. I have seen many other glitches and bugs but they are posted in these forums as well so i wont write them again.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the game also, looking forward for new updates!! Take care!! 

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

You can try opening your Explore game in the Editor and placing yourself back in your ship (or move the ship wherever you want to). Then save the game and open it as an Explore map again.

i have not had many problems with the terraforming  aspect of this Amazing game.  if you havent noticed the dirt is also in a grid pattern like building is, well atleast for the digging part (im also an avid digger) if you're digging diagonal of the pattern it is very difficult to get any smooth walls and floor, but not so if you follow the grid of the dirt. 

if you use a spade while digging and find the correct orientation while digging you can make perfect tunnels without the need to flatten with a shovel.  But with placing back dirt,sand or.... Garvel?? its a bit more tricky but you can get the hang of it if you kinda know how the placement system works. With experience you will get better at it