John - NEXFER

Unofficial Trailer

Hi all, 

I'm having more and more fun on Ylands as the hours fly by, I do think I have finally found that special game that combines all of the key points I've been looking for!

I've played many survival / crafting / building / farming / simulator and sandbox style games, endlessly searching for that one that shines, the one that doesn't leave you with a salty taste... I'm very glad I found Ylands, so thank you guys and girls for your hard work!

I will be hosting a Dedicated Server in the UK from next patch on-wards, 24/7 if anyone wants to start a bit of a community build etc.

So, I've made a bit of a montage of my experiences in Ylands thus far, as a sort of Unofficial Trailer if you will, I've included some snippets from the official material to zest it up a bit!

Edited by hermetics
Updated with shorter version
  • Upvote 8

Even though it's a bit long it's something that made me turn on my computer. Ylands is now loading. :P So you did a pretty good job! By the way, really cool ship! xD

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Aethelis said:

soundtrack made me try to sail two ships at once!

This should keep you going for a while then - 

• Upvote 2

Great trailer, a bit long for a trailer but it gives a good show about a lot of possibilities with Ylands :) 

@A3_Melle & @Miguel Preguisa

Yes I struggled with the length, it was originally many hours of footage boiled to to about 7-8 minutes, I sped it up to 2x speed as you can see, to try and shorten it down, my goal was originally for 2 minutes, however, on 4x speed it was almost too fast to take any of it in, and I didn't want to sacrifice more of the content to shorten it further.

Though on reflection, I could likely have removed another minute for some of the jumping around / running clips!

Thanks for the feedback, will take note for future attempts.

There would have been a lot of more footage of making / sailing my cargo ship, but due to the size, it was causing me some graphical stutter while recording! Time for a PC upgrade... Likely something that would be addressed during optimisations etc, this seems to be the case with most build it style games, your foundation is smooth like butter, once built, you feel the stutter!

I've run it through another edit and trimmed it down to 2 minutes 23 seconds! Hope the content didn't suffer too much.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

It's so nice to see players putting effort into making things like that! Thank you very much, @hermetics:)

You're welcome! :)

I'm now the proud owner of Ylanders.com! In anticipation of the Dedicated Server and the move to Steam, thought I would nab a good name while I can... Ylands is already worth the effort, you guys have made a great game!

• Upvote 1