John - NEXFER

RESOLVED Placing wall torch / lanterns

Hey quick question,

Is there any way to place a wall torch or lantern properly in Explore mode? I'm having trouble dropping the lanterns up-right, and can't seem to find a button to place / mount a wall torch, on a wall or anything! Anyone know how this works?

Something like a drag action would be handy for lanterns etc, hold down right click and drag and object for example.

Thanks.

I will write down everything about placing I know. Hope it will help you. :) 

Use keys F+J to 90 rotate on the different axis and Q+Z for the height. You can also use V to enter free placing mode (without the grid). You can rotate items manually by pressing H and set by the mouse which axis you want to change. Same with position and G key. I prefer to use first person camera when placing something precisely. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

I will write down everything about placing I know. Hope it will help you. :) 

Use keys F+J to 90 rotate on the different axis and Q+Z for the height. You can also use V to enter free placing mode (without the grid). You can rotate items manually by pressing H and set by the mouse which axis you want to change. Same with position and G key. I prefer to use first person camera when placing something precisely. 

Ah great, I found all those in the control lists but missed the "V" for free placing mode, which allows me to place the torch's and lanterns, thanks a lot!