TheIntelloBox

DEV ANSWER The game doesn't launch.

Question

Hi ! :D

Yesterday I downloaded Ylands, I launched the game and it works !

Today I added a shortcut for Steam : I can launch Ylands via Steam. But now I can't launch the game : when I click in the launcher on "play", the game doesn't launch. I deleted too my shortcut, and I executed it in Administrator mode, nothing works.

I have too a problem, see the screen. I have the launcher file and the game file in my programs but in the folder game, there is nothing. (see the screen)

How to fix it ? :D

Thanks ! :)

Ylands.jpg

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi!

Ylands cannot be played on Steam yet,  so I wouldn't expect it to work :D You might want to reinstall the game and see if you can launch it then. 

14 minutes ago, Ane said:

Hi!

Ylands cannot be played on Steam yet,  so I wouldn't expect it to work :D You might want to reinstall the game and see if you can launch it then. 

You can play trew steam, you can add the game as "non steam game" and people can see what you are playing wenn you are using the steam shortcut ;)

Does Steam copy / move files to within its own application folder, when you add a game to Steam? It seems like your game files have been deleted or moved. Perhaps check in - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common" folder (or nearby) and see if the game files have been moved to this new location? If this is the case, perhaps copy them back over to their original location, or simply uninstall and reinstall Ylands.

If you are concerned about your save game files - you can locate them in your "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Ylands\SaveGames" folder, just copy them out prior to uninstalling, and put them back in after reinstalling.

Edited by hermetics

No it will only use the Ylands.exe command fron your normal ylands folder steam will create a shortcut on your steam games list wich is just your normal ylands.exe command;) 

I received my steam key and installed Ylands to Steam.  Each time I try to launch the game Webroot Secure Anywhere blocks it.  This is the message that is displayed in my blocked files:    c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ylands\ylands_data\managed\mscorlib.dll                    I have clicked the Allow button on Webroot but the game still refuses to launch in Steam.  Any assistance will be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Rictor01 said:

I received my steam key and installed Ylands to Steam.  Each time I try to launch the game Webroot Secure Anywhere blocks it.  This is the message that is displayed in my blocked files:    c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ylands\ylands_data\managed\mscorlib.dll                    I have clicked the Allow button on Webroot but the game still refuses to launch in Steam.  Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hello! Perhaps you could try the steps mentioned here? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Adding-Exceptions/m-p/74483#M4610

• Upvote 1

Made an account just to post this fix. In webroot, you also have to select the quarantine tab and delete the quarantine for the mscorlib.dll as well as allow it in the allow/block tab. To anyone else having the same issue with Ylands not starting, if you have WSA, this is the fix that did the trick for me.

Edited by theackroe
punctuation
  • Thanks 1