Sign in to follow this  
TheWeeky

CANT REPRODUCE Possibly corrupted game ?

Question

Hello, yet another bug :D

I was sailing for quite a while, i'd say more than half an hour, didn't see any birds or islands.

I sailed to the point where i saw the border of the fog, a white line, behind which fog was present.

Sailed for some time after that, decided to restart my game, thought that it was glitched and no islands were spawning.

Once restarted, i pressed ''Continue'' on that exact same save and bam, game doesn't even load, it freezes or crashes when the game kind of rolls up to the sky, doesn't even show any ''Loading ...'' signs.

Is there something that can be done for this ?

Will be happy to receive any help !

(Image added, shows the last point at which i could take a picture using ''Fraps'', beyond that, it was just a crash)

Corrupted save.jpg

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm assuming you're playing the Explore map? You might have lost track of the birds :P

Could you please attach your output_log file and the save game?

here are the two files, but i don't know if the savegame one will, since i changed into a .txt file, and yes, i have indeed lost track of the birds :D

and by the way, it was indeed on Explore mode

output_log.txt

BOBBDY_ROSS.txt

Edited by TheWeeky

It happened to me the exact same thing 2 days ago, playing with a friend. 
We decided to restart over, my friend being the host this time. Just 5 mns ago he got the same issue. Impossible to load the save, screen freezes after the traveling to the sky when hitting "continue" button, no loading wheel appearing.
Please help.
I'm not feeling to restart over a third time, considering this could happen again.

Sorry about that, guys! And thanks for the files, TheWeeky. Our programmers will look into it as soon as they can.

• Upvote 1

I do not know if this is playable, but I tested something. I deleted the backup in the \ylands\badlaodbackup directory and restarted the game. And it works again.

Sorry for my english, im not fluent ! ^^

Edited by Oubak
  • Upvote 2

Actually, Oubak's suggestion seems to work, i got past the ''looking to the sky'' part at least.

yup, i'm in game, thanks Oubak !

• Upvote 1

Aaah, i think something is wrong with my game/ save file, now i have been sailing for about an hour and 0 signs of any island, no birds, no anything, and i can't make a map.

Is it supposed to be like this ?

1 hour ago, TheWeeky said:

Aaah, i think something is wrong with my game/ save file, now i have been sailing for about an hour and 0 signs of any island, no birds, no anything, and i can't make a map.

Is it supposed to be like this ?

No idea, but it does not look good, unless there is nothing in the area where you navigate (^^).
In my case, we play a 4 on my host part after re-running the game and delete the file in the \badloadbackup section and all goes "well"

another question, is the kind of ''fog wall'' end of the map ? i was sleeping for about 3 days after going into it, and it didn't end, by the way, haven't found ANY signs of islands YET.