Sign in to follow this  
chivas477

Suggestion on new blocks

Question

It would really help workshop creators, on the pixel art department, if there were blocks, cubes of all the colors. What i find lacking most of the times is, a black colored block (#000000) and dimgray (#2E2E2E), other ones but not so important are cyan (#00FFFF) and pink (#FFC0CB), im using the chocolate block as a replacement for pink but the brown part of the cube makes it useless in some cases. (Implementing this on scenario only should not take massive resources and make things a lot more easier on the creation parts, especially on pixel art but of course it helps in other areas.)

On the normal game perspective, it could come with a painting system, where you get dyes from plants that you then can paint a block with the color of the dye.(I understand that implementing this on the normal game would be harder, as such you will need to create more than the blocks with the colors)

Colored blocks would make it a lot easier to create art. I'm certain the team already thought about this topic, as it's not that revolutionary idea, but postponed it for another time to focus on more important stuff :)

Love the game, keep up the good work :D

Edited by chivas477
  • Upvote 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

you're right that having an option to color blocks would be really helpful :). We'll look into it and will definitely add something to the editor (either we'll add more colored blocks or find some way to make some of the blocks paintable). Doing this outside the editor would, indeed, be tricky, since the painting process would require some ingredients and it's very unlikely that players would be able to find enough of those for every color they would need at their location.

Anyway - nice feedback, keep them coming :)

• Upvote 1