zarwil

Editor is almost unusable at the moment

The editor needs to be fixed soon because I'm really loosing my patience with it. I know this isn't a top priority at the moment but it's the only thing I play whenever I have a bit of time for the game and it's incredibly frustrating to constantly lose hours of building progress with most of it being removed or bugged after re-logging. Coloring stuff is still completely broken and seems even worse than after this new patch which was supposed to fix it. Blocks are bugged inside eachother almost every session and there is always something wrong with the paint. Please try to fix this soon!

41 minutes ago, zarwil said:

The editor needs to be fixed soon because I'm really loosing my patience with it. I know this isn't a top priority at the moment but it's the only thing I play whenever I have a bit of time for the game and it's incredibly frustrating to constantly lose hours of building progress with most of it being removed or bugged after re-logging. Coloring stuff is still completely broken and seems even worse than after this new patch which was supposed to fix it. Blocks are bugged inside eachother almost every session and there is always something wrong with the paint. Please try to fix this soon!

Is this specifically with cars and ships? I've never had this happen on anything else than ships or cars (where it happens all the time).

@zarwil Odd. I've used the editor quite a bit and have not encountered bugged blocks or paint. There are a number of improvements I'd like to see with the editor but the only editor bugs I've seen so far involves stacking items and an occasional issue with mapping a spawn point to a role.

Aside from the editor, I do encounter a lot of in-game bugs and I know how frustrating it can be to lose something you've spent a lot of time working on. For that I'd suggest making frequent backup copies of your game saves so that in the event there is an issue, you can roll back to a previous save. You may have to rebuild whatever you built after that save, but it's a lot better than losing it all.

1 hour ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

Is this specifically with cars and ships? I've never had this happen on anything else than ships or cars (where it happens all the time).

Yes, I should have specified that I was talking about ships and cars. Tbh this was a pointless post since the devs know about it, but I just got really frustrated earlier when I lost hours of work for the umpteenth time and I felt like venting a bit.

I already made few ships and cars with editor. My suggestion is, if you can, build a ship/car outside of the exploration/creative map (map that has lots of complexity). 

The key so far I discovered for creating stuff in editor is less object around, example flat infinite map when first time you launch editor. It will improve your saving time and also less chance for syncronization save bug. To really get around of this save bug, for blocks and colors. You need to frequently save the editor/composition (I did every 5-10mins) for major changes. And if the bug happened, I did fix it, every time I see then save it again (editor and composition). Eventually the bug won't occurs. 

For colors bug (objects color become white) when importing Ship/car to new savegame, it will mostly happen first time, but I tried to get around (seems working nicely so far) by fixing every white color object (not intended) then save the editor and composition.

[Update] and refresh the editor by going back to Main menu and then to the Editor again. I did that every 30mins or so to check if the save bug occurs.

Edited by Velocifer