Stubee

Can't See Rubber Tree or Extract Rubber From Tree?

Hi,

I just encountered a bug with regards to the Rubber Tree.

I believe it has been there since I started this map (which was some time ago), but have only just noticed it, due to needing rubber for the Drive Belt.

Issue is, if approach a Rubber Tree it does not highlight and I am unable to farm it, I can chop it down (even though it does not highlight) and chop it up to get logs, wood and all the usual stuff, including Rubber Tree Seeds.

I have not tried growing my own Rubber Tree yet, but will try after I have completed this post and Edit once I have any info.

I have added my game files below.

This is not too much of an issue for me, but a little annoying :(

Thank you.

5a5a29cb325cd_TreeNotHighlighting.thumb.jpg.c127442ea748abeb57702041ed9ee713.jpg5a5a2ae9212bf_ChoppedDownRubberTree(ShowingSeeds).thumb.jpg.0208ac917eddedc7d37bb813418525ab.jpg5a5a2af6eac6c_RubberTreeSeedsinInventory.jpg.699b35c3f10c090f8df90950aa39620c.jpg

STUTOPIA(1)_[130118].zip

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Ok, I have grown my own Rubber Trees from Seeds and although I can see the Sapling, once it's a tree I can no longer see it.

So apart from using the Creator Cube, I am currently unable to get Rubber .

5a5a49d8cd27b_MyTreeDoesNotHighlight.thumb.png.69afd1e899dd4d49592e28fe3fb91619.png5a5a49c878d03_RubberTreeSaplingHighlights.jpg.ce8920840bdc9f49c53c200456118850.jpg

Edited by Stubee
Added additional info

1 hour ago, handofthesly said:

Are you holding a knife to extract the rubber?

Hmm I hadn't done that as I didn't realise that was a thing :o

Thanks for the tip (feeling a bit daft now).

Not a problem, it can be a bit tricky sometimes, there isn’t any hints or anything to tell you that you need to be holding a knife.

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2018 at 3:02 AM, handofthesly said:

Not a problem, it can be a bit tricky sometimes, there isn’t any hints or anything to tell you that you need to be holding a knife.

Actually there is a total hint when you press F1 to directly access the Codex, or do Escape > Codex, in the Tools section, that Knives can be used to harvest from trees.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YadNiMonde said:

Actually there is a total hint when you press F1 to directly access the Codex, or do Escape > Codex, in the Tools section, that Knives can be used to harvest from trees.

Yea I realise that now, so my bad!

Guess I was just having a dumb moment :/

• Haha 1

Hey it s ok, i am almost sure the vast majority of players (including me) had not seen that when they first stumbled on a rubber tree =)

• Haha 1