Sign in to follow this  
SolarconSix

Couple of questions from a noob

Hi

Just finished reading FAQ section on official site, and didn't find anything related to Steam except Summer release. I'm wondering if someone who buys the game now will be able to just redeem it on Steam and then play if from there when it's released on summer.

Also, is Ylands wiki on gamepedia the official wiki? If not will there be any official guides or wiki soon?

Thanks

Hi it was posted a few weeks ago: on your BI register email you will receive a new (steam) key wenn they want to launch on steam, at the same time the devs will send out a notification on the forums and other social media platforms that the keys have been send out to inform everybody. 

And yes the Gamepedia is the only wiki, i did some work on it a little while ago as did sone others, but at the moment my calendaris kinda full, and still got some dutch translations to do. I know some people are/were actively working on the wiki but only since the E3 presentation it got as far as it is now ;)

• Upvote 2

Yeah as stated you will get a steam key when it goes live over there...

Have just told some friends that they can get the game on this website already and were shocked about it... ? Great job on the wiki so far, very helpful

• Upvote 1

I think they were saying that those that already own the game, may get an early released Steam Key (before the official release date on Steam) - "Come on, it‘s still us, your Team Ylands! Ok, you know what? Since you are our favorite players and because we like to keep our word, we‘ll do our best so that you can play the game on Steam even before it‘s officially released there. How about that? ;)"

- Dev Diary #8 -

• Upvote 1

Every player who owns the game now will receive a Steam key. The thing is that you'll be able to play it there even before the game is sold on Steam; basically the regular launcher will disappear and the game will be able to be launched via Steam only. So to summarize... yes, if you buy it now, you'll have it on Steam too :)

• Upvote 2

Thank you all for giving an answer, and thank you @A3_Melle and others for the wiki. I was just asking about the wiki cause I saw it wasn't finished yet and as far as I know it's the only source of info for now. 

• Upvote 1