V-Alfred

What's your favorite game so far, and why?

First of all, if this topic is forbidden to post, please just remove it, because I don't see anything in Forum Guidelines that forbid to post another game in positive manner. 

Remember to stay in positive manner and don't disparaging other games.;)

So back to the topic, I just wanted to share my experience and impression from playing games, and maybe you can share your experience and impression too.. ^_^

I have lots of favorite games so far, one of them is Uncharted Waters Online (UWO), UWO is game that focus on ships, 'player driven economy', naval combat, and adventure in general. Things that I like from UWO is trading ingame, because of most items ingame is provided by players, trading becomes very important part. It can drives you crazy, or make you really rich. I learn a lot of real things like sense of direction, history, trading, even being a beggar when I was really poor because of bankruptcy :D, and from UWO, I learn to love sail ships, that's why I'm falling in love to Ylands at first sight when I found Ylands.

That's my experience, feel free to share yours, just stay in positive manner. ;)

I do love my all time favorite ever Outcast, the best first open world action rpg in the history of video games. (i am not talking about the new version that came out a couple months ago with a total graphics rehaul, i have not tried it as of yet, i am really partial to the original in it s 1.1 version). That game was never equaled by anything else in that category, the depht of the history, the richness of the universe, the quality of the soundtrack itself played by a philarmonic orchestra, and the character s voice by Bruce Willis himself, there has never been anything that crazy.

Edited by YadNiMonde

Hmm my post has been hidden =) Strange, it was only positive i swear.

Edited by YadNiMonde

7 minutes ago, YadNiMonde said:

Hmm my post has been hidden =) Strange, it was only positive i swear.

lol xD So do I, when first time I post this thread, wait until Ane read it I guess.. :P

28 minutes ago, YadNiMonde said:

That game was never equaled by anything else in that category, the depht of the history, the richness of the universe, the quality of the soundtrack itself played by a philarmonic orchestra, and the character s voice by Bruce Willis himself, there has never been anything that crazy.

that sounds pretty epic, I never touch Outcast. Maybe I should in the future.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 9:06 AM, Whane The Whip said:

Are we talking PC games? If so here is my list: http://illumiblocki.com/pcgames I have them listed by year, oldest to newest. Sorry, it's impossible for me to just have one favorite game.

We're talking about games not the hardware(Console(handheld/stationary), PC), whatever. ^_^ Thats a lot of game title you have there, can you pick one and then tell us why is it become your favorite?

Btw so do I xD, since I played alot of genre games, and there is no ultimate genre that contains all of the genre games. So I think thats not a problem. :D

Edited by Velocifer

5 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Can you pick one and then tell us why is it become your favorite?

If I had to pick just one, I suppose it would be Asheron's Call. It was an MMO, in fact one of the first 3 graphical MMO's that shared the limelight with UO and EQ BackInTheDay™ (though Meridian was first I believe). The world of AC (called Dereth) was huge (500 square miles) and seamless (no loading zones) which was a big deal. Today lots of games claim to have large worlds but in fact can be traversed on foot in 15 minutes. AC was also the first game I played that had housing, though it didn't come until an update. AC is def old school but the funny part is that it did lots of things that developers these days claim is too hard or too intensive for servers, and they did this back in 1999. AC shut down one year ago this month and I played it off and on for years. Many subsequent MMO's have been influenced to some degree by AC. AC is the standard by which I judge all MMO's, and most of them fall short which is sad because one might think, nearly 20 years later, that MMO's would be better.

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Like 1