Jabba6241

Bigger world and Admin creator cube

Question

Hello 

I would like to suggest that Admins of a Rented server have access to either creator cube or additem command in console ,in all modes of the game not just creative 

And hope the explore world get bigger and not  stay with approx just 5Ylands  or so 

Yours Faithfully Jabba

Edited by Jabba6241

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, Jabba6241 said:

Seems to be no clear answers here .

Like i mean im the owner of a rented server and additem is a must in games 

1 is the console command additem comming back? and if so when     and if not  admins should be albe to but creator cube into there inventory in Multiplayer 

at the moment when u do try this in editor it automatically chnges game to singleplayer 

I think my reply above has lent to the confusion. I have just edited it (the post above yours) and I'll correct myself here so there is less confusion. I believe what you want to do is possible (because I'm doing it). Given that you're renting a server (I am too) then I'm assuming you are running a DS, like I am.

1. Exit Ylands
  2. Stop your server
  3. Copy the single file game save to your computer and place it into the SaveGames folder
  4. Start Ylands
  5. Load the Editor and open the game save file that you just saved to the SaveGames folder
  6. In the editor, drop a cube next to your character and save
  7. FTP your new save to your rented host and overwrite the old save (keep a backup, just in case)
  8. Launch your server, enter, and pick up the cube.

Note: After you place your cube and save the game, you can optionally load the game as a single player game (hit cancel when it asks if you want to publish) and then pick up the cube... then FTP the game save and launch the server. Just in case you are concerned about someone else getting the jump on that cube.

Note 2: I use the same method above to remove the corpses of dead players every couple of days. If you find that the performance of the server seems to be getting worse, then try that, it helps a lot, plus gets rid of all the bodies which is disruptive to building.

Edited by Whane The Whip

Here is a work-around for you. Pull your DS save into the editor, drop a cube next to your character and save it. Then launch your DS and login, pick up the cube next to your person, equip it, now you have creative in DS. Guaranteed to make you feel more like an Admin.

EDIT: BTW it looks like we can no longer edit a DS save file after it has been live. This means that you should place your cube in the world before you launch it.

Edited by Whane The Whip

Hey 

Thanks for the answer ,but dont you have to be in the game once for the to be file to shows up in Editor , which then makes it live 

Edited by Jabba6241

On 1/19/2018 at 3:10 AM, Jabba6241 said:

Hey 

Thanks for the answer ,but dont you have to be in the game once for the to be file to shows up in Editor , which then makes it live 

Hmm, I guess it depends on how you are generating your server. Prior to the update I was able to pull my DS save into the editor after the fact. But as of last night I found that this was no longer the case. (I was doing it wrong - I was placing the save file into the folder while Ylands was still running, ylands must be shut down first) However, I believe you should be able to generate an "Explore" map, then pull that into the editor, drop a cube, log back in and grab the cube, *then* copy the game save over to your DS. With this method you are doing the leg work before publishing. The way I did it was different, I generated my world with the Editor and then dropped a cube for myself, then picked it up in single player mode, then copied the save game over to my DS. With 0.63 I can no longer pull the DS save into the editor (once you have launched the DS) but at least I have the cube which still comes in handy.

Edited by Whane The Whip

Seems to be no clear answers here .

Like i mean im the owner of a rented server and additem is a must in games 

1 is the console command additem comming back? and if so when     and if not  admins should be albe to but creator cube into there inventory in Multiplayer 

at the moment when u do try this in editor it automatically chnges game to singleplayer 

Regarding number of  Ylands  per  game ... my  current  game  has eleven that i have  discovered  .....  so  far....    only one  small one,   the others   quite large ...one was elongated, and  another  figure 8  shaped  with  2  biomes

Found the   eleventh one  ( tropical ) only  a day or so ago  and i suspect from the  unusual spaces in the   map  there might be another one  lurking,  awaiting  for  me to discover¬¬

On 25.1.2018 at 7:34 PM, Whane The Whip said:

I think my reply above has lent to the confusion. I have just edited it (the post above yours) and I'll correct myself here so there is less confusion. I believe what you want to do is possible (because I'm doing it). Given that you're renting a server (I am too) then I'm assuming you are running a DS, like I am.

1. Exit Ylands
  2. Stop your server
  3. Copy the single file game save to your computer and place it into the SaveGames folder
  4. Start Ylands
  5. Load the Editor and open the game save file that you just saved to the SaveGames folder
  6. In the editor, drop a cube next to your character and save
  7. FTP your new save to your rented host and overwrite the old save (keep a backup, just in case)
  8. Launch your server, enter, and pick up the cube.

Note: After you place your cube and save the game, you can optionally load the game as a single player game (hit cancel when it asks if you want to publish) and then pick up the cube... then FTP the game save and launch the server. Just in case you are concerned about someone else getting the jump on that cube.

Note 2: I use the same method above to remove the corpses of dead players every couple of days. If you find that the performance of the server seems to be getting worse, then try that, it helps a lot, plus gets rid of all the bodies which is disruptive to building.

Thanks ror the detailed answer but i got it sorted